• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

USAF Ground Vehicle Registration Numbers

Gunzy

I recently purchased a M932A2 from GL. I picked it up from Hill AFB thinking it was a typical Army rig. When I got it to the yard I soon found out that it was in fact USAF from Mtn. Home AFB in Idaho. Had a stack of paperwork in an envelope with a 3' floppy disc. The paper work let me know where it was based, but I wish I could access the disc. The registration number is 91K010. Unfortunately the truck is missing a lot of parts. I bought it for the winch and will be parting the truck out. There were no numbers painted o52761258_gl_large_thumb.jpgn the doors but there is evidence of the USAF license plate on the front bumper.

212sparky

I recently purchased a M932A2 from GL. I picked it up from Hill AFB thinking it was a typical Army rig. When I got it to the yard I soon found out that it was in fact USAF from Mtn. Home AFB in Idaho. Had a stack of paperwork in an envelope with a 3' floppy disc. The paper work let me know where it was based, but I wish I could access the disc. The registration number is 91K010. Unfortunately the truck is missing a lot of parts. I bought it for the winch and will be parting the truck out. There were no numbers painted oView attachment 450070n the doors but there is evidence of the USAF license plate on the front bumper.
Why cant you access the disk?

Gunzy

I don't have a floppy drive. I tried one at work but there was no program to open it to see the data. I know it's the service history of the truck. The little bit of paper work shows that it only has around 19K miles on it.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have never seen a 3 ft floppy disk.

Biggest I have seen is the 10in floppy on an old TRS-80 :mrgreen:

What file types where on the disk? I'm sure there is a program out there somewhere.

RangerBob

I recently purchased a M932A2 from GL. I picked it up from Hill AFB thinking it was a typical Army rig. When I got it to the yard I soon found out that it was in fact USAF from Mtn. Home AFB in Idaho. Had a stack of paperwork in an envelope with a 3' floppy disc. The paper work let me know where it was based, but I wish I could access the disc.
<snip>
I have 3.5", 5.25", AND 8" floppy disk drives and the antique ADP for reading them. I guess I'm a bit of a packrat and rarely throw anything away. PM if you want me to copy them to something modern.

Last edited:

RangerBob

What category would a fuel servicing trailer type a-1 be considered? Data plate shows Type a-1b spec mil t7623.

I think it may be an 'L' like a refueling truck, but not sure. Not being self-propelled may throw it out of that category. I'll see what I can dig up on it later.

Best Buy may still have portable floppy disc readers that connect to your computer via USB cable. I know that's where I got mine. I wouldn't put it off looking for one for very long however because that's an old technology and it's disappearing fast. Failing that, maybe Radio Shack can still get one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks