• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Uses for Deuces

Another Ahab

I had to use mine as a daily a couple weeks one summer when my pickup's trans was getting fixed, fun at first but after a few days your left knee, upper arms, ears and wallet start to hurt!
That reminds me of the joke, about the guy visiting his doctor:

- He says "Doc, it hurts when I do THIS".

- Doctor says, "STOP doing that!"

I try to drive mine to work (about 60 miles round trip) at least 2 times a week. More if it's a rainy week. Generally if I'm not on my bike I'm in the truck.

I tell myself the better mileage on the bike cancels out the mileage of the deuce.

But yeah, my left knee feels it. I'm definitively popping more ibuprofen these days!

But the best use of my deuce is that it gets me out of the house doing something after work. I'm really having fun with it.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use mine for parades, veterans fund raisers, M/V meets and hauling weeds and stuff to the dump.

HanksDeuce

Hauled some old fencing off to a friend's burn pile. I would definitely bail this guy out of jail any time of night without question. Used his utility trailer and laughed when I had to swap to a 2" ball.

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tonight's Roadside Pit Stop....

As we gathered for this evening's Bible Study, the Group Leader suffered a flat tire on his pickup within a quarter mile of the church.

Thankfully, being Memorial Day weekend I had parked the car and minivan and we've been using the Deuce with Old Glory waving as our sole transportation.

There were plenty of volunteers to help change the tire after class, but only the Deuce had the necessary compressed air to assure the spare tire was properly inflated..... Indeed, the spare has only 20psi when lowered from its stowed position. FIXED in a heartbeat ! ! !

IMG_1649 (1).jpg :grd: IMG_1650.jpg

rustystud

As we gathered for this evening's Bible Study, the Group Leader suffered a flat tire on his pickup within a quarter mile of the church.

Thankfully, being Memorial Day weekend I had parked the car and minivan and we've been using the Deuce with Old Glory waving as our sole transportation.

There were plenty of volunteers to help change the tire after class, but only the Deuce had the necessary compressed air to assure the spare tire was properly inflated..... Indeed, the spare has only 20psi when lowered from its stowed position. FIXED in a heartbeat ! ! !
I'd make a joke about FORDs on the side of the road, but I won't ;) .

rustystud

So glad you're biting your tongue.

The root problem was NOT with the FORD !!!

It was a BOLT in the tire. A BOLT that could have come out of ANY MAKE of vehicle.

We did no forensic testing- it could have been English or Metric thread/size.
Probably metric from some "furr-en-our" car. Don't worry about me busting your chops about driving Fords. I actually own and have owned almost every major manufactures vehicle at one time. I still have a Ford Crown Vickey, two Chevy's, a Subaru, several International Harvesters, a Honda, recently sold the Toyota and still have my Military Vehicles. Good thing I live on 5 acres of land ! Just two years ago I had over 20 vehicle here ! The wife has been getting rather annoyed at me about all the vehicles so I've been selling off most of them. She said "at your age what do you expect to do with all those vehicles ?"

Another Ahab

Probably metric from some "furr-en-our" car. Don't worry about me busting your chops about driving Fords. I actually own and have owned almost every major manufactures vehicle at one time. I still have a Ford Crown Vickey, two Chevy's, a Subaru, several International Harvesters, a Honda, recently sold the Toyota and still have my Military Vehicles. Good thing I live on 5 acres of land ! Just two years ago I had over 20 vehicle here ! The wife has been getting rather annoyed at me about all the vehicles so I've been selling off most of them. She said "at your age what do you expect to do with all those vehicles ?"

That's easy:

- Take to your throne and admire your kingdom!

throne IIII.jpg

Another Ahab

That's great ! You don't even realize how you hit it on the head with that picture of "Conan" ! I collect books and have all of
Robert E. Howards books.
Which include the "Conan" series ! Almost all are in the original "Lancer" editions. I know, my "Geek" is showing !
Okay, you know the Barbarian from the beginning then! if you are a collector than maybe THIS image will be more to your liking.

Conan, the Mighty:

conan2.jpg