• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Uses for Deuces

Troll1216

It was great to go to Lowe's and order the following:

65 4x4x8
8 4x6x8
500 ft of 48" wire fence
3 14' ag gates
and 1,000 lbs concrete

They asked, "Sir, When would you like this delivered?"

My response: Right now...

They then said that they can not do deliveries on such short notice. I asked if they had a forklift. They said that they did. When I asked them to load my truck, they asked if I knew how big the load was. I asked them to look outside and tell me if the truck was big enough....

Their answer....

We will have it together in a few min, will that be cash or charge?

See, and the wife thought I was nuts....:cookoo:
Thats why I got it BEFORE i got married.;)

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
it was great to go to lowe's and order the following:

65 4x4x8
8 4x6x8
500 ft of 48" wire fence
3 14' ag gates
and 1,000 lbs concrete

they asked, "sir, when would you like this delivered?"

my response: Right now...

They then said that they can not do deliveries on such short notice. I asked if they had a forklift. They said that they did. When i asked them to load my truck, they asked if i knew how big the load was. I asked them to look outside and tell me if the truck was big enough....

Their answer....

We will have it together in a few min, will that be cash or charge?

See, and the wife thought i was nuts....:cookoo:
Thats why i got it before i got married.;)
<applause>

TJP

i have a couple of ideas one is bobb it. The other is to modify a shelter on a bobbed chassis. I hope to pick up the shelter tuesday. Here are some picks of the shelter.

Attachments

Last edited:

Akicita

Cantregister,
I priced out a necessary re-landscaping job at my home in PA. The total cost just about knocked me off my perch.
I bought a Deuce instead figuring it's cheaper to get dirt and plants myself than to have someone else do it for me - and in the end I still have the truck.
Once you have it, you'll find things to do with it. I use the truck once, or twice a week which is MUCH more often than I had imagined.

The bed is a few inches higher than on a standard 18-wheeler trailer. When I delivered donations to the Military Order of the Purple Heart outside Philadelphia, I backed up against their loading dock. (Picture below) We had no problem unloading the truck.
If you mount larger tires, the bed will be higher. I have the standard 9:00x20 NDT military tires and they do a fine job for me.

Attachments

motomacguyver

Put 8500# of dirt,compost, and gravel in it today. The duece didn't even grunt at the load. You should have see the look of pure envy, disgust, what ever...from some fellow that had a pickup with a small scoop of dirt in it. That guy's truck was squatting on the bump stops with the tires all mashed down. fat lady sings

TJP

POWERSTROKEN

The size is 109 x 85 x 91 (L x W x H) Its weight is between 660lb to 1000lb just depends on the addons.

Cantregister

Thanks for the replies guys. That is some good material. TJP, i showed the wifey those pics you posted and pointed to large embedded stone sticking out of the ground that she wants gone. She is seeing the light. Lol

KsM715

Thanks for the replies guys. That is some good material. TJP, i showed the wifey those pics you posted and pointed to large embedded stone sticking out of the ground that she wants gone. She is seeing the light. Lol

Good luck. Where theres one, theres boundto be more.
These came from where my basement was escavated.
(the second pic is to keep it MV related)

Attachments

A

A/C Cages

If you put a water tank in the back, does it become a Douche?
My 6 year old son is missing his two front teeth,,, Cant say deuce and calls them Douche 1 & 2. Everyone cracks up laughing and he still cant figure out what they are laughing at.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks