• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Uses for Deuces

MikeON

Pull sizable trees down, stump and all. Be careful though - you don't have as much directional control as when you make the proper notch and back cut with a chainsaw.
This one went a little closer to the house than I care to admit, although no damage done. The cable was attached about 20' up the tree.
017s.jpg
014.jpg

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use my Deuce to modify, drive to work daily, portable tire swing, portable couch, portable shade structure, drop kid off at school, and remove bunring vehicles from the sand dunes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q6T2eMHtxY
Thanks for posting up that video.

Seems some shoveled sand EARLIER in the incident would have yielded more salvageable metal that those melted aluminum wheels.

I'll be interested in the feedback you get on that radically modified deuce. Looks like you've enjoyed cutting her up and scabbing her back together MAD MAX -ish.

Thanks again.
John

Carry on.

chigger

There was no chance of shoveling dirt on it to put it out. They burn instantly. Take a look at the driver. He is the one with the grey sweat shirt. You will notice the backside of his sweat shirt arm is melted. He literally barely jumped out without being seriously burned. In that same weekend there was 2 other RZR's that burned to the ground. In addition, I found some remains of a burned out RZR just a couple hundred yards from my camp.

rustystud

There was no chance of shoveling dirt on it to put it out. They burn instantly. Take a look at the driver. He is the one with the grey sweat shirt. You will notice the backside of his sweat shirt arm is melted. He literally barely jumped out without being seriously burned. In that same weekend there was 2 other RZR's that burned to the ground. In addition, I found some remains of a burned out RZR just a couple hundred yards from my camp.
WOW !!! and too think I was seriously going to buy one for the family last year ! I think I'll take this picture to the dealer in town and ask him about there really good vehicles !!!

Matther

How do you use your deuce?

What does everyone use their deuce for? Recreation use? Business use? Some day I would like to have one in the fleet for business. I think these trucks stand out and would be fun for hauling.

Matther

First on the google search list. >>> Uses for Deuces. >>>

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?63394-Uses-for-Deuces

Matther - Howdy from the Houston, Texas area. Welcome to the site!! Is there anything in particular you plan to haul with a Deuce?
I was thinking of adding another service to business. Which would be junk hauling of various items. People seem to need all sorts of things haul. Even thought a snow plow on the front would be nice for the winter.

Merc1973

Hauling 2 cord of seasoned Oak for our new QuadraFire fireplace insert. From Hagerstown to Sykesville, MD (just over 60 miles). I had to downshift to 4th through about 4 hills in Appalachia. She did well, but braking with all that load is a bit harder.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks