• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Uses for Deuces

bachman502

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny thing is I've been using that method for years. I even put my camper air conditioner on the roof using that method. I made heavy ramps to load the tractor. You definitely pucker when the rear tractor wheels drive over m105 wheel wells. I also always chain back end of tractor to the trailer when I lift for safety reasons.

Last edited:

SRB1976

Hauled a couple loads to the landfill for a friend today. He wanted to use my pick up but it probably would've taken 6 trips:shock:. Only took 2 with the deuce[thumbzup]. Here's a pic of trip #2. The first trip was quite a bit larger, I wish I would've gotten a pic.

IMG_20170812_145435428[1].jpg

winfred

somewhere between monday night and tuesday morning the good sized trash tree in my front yard decides to hammer my mailbox into the ground and block my dead end street, didn't hear squat and discover it when leaving for work at 7am, cue text to boss and a shirt change then bust out the chainsaws, took the whole tree to the side yard in 2 pulls, chopped the canopy and choked it then dragged it a couple hundred feet down the street and in to the yard, circled back and choked the trunk and locked in 1 front hub (locker in diff) so i can still steer on the pavement and proceed to run the tree top over going into the yard to tenderize it a little, had mom set up to film the trunk but she figured out how to film the ground after the pull was done, road cleared its shower and redress for work time only loosing a hour or so. fast forward a couple days after work i realize its not raining for a change so i bust out the saw and clean the trunk and drag it to where it can wait on being turned into firewood and did get a vid of that https://youtu.be/OezJhz6gUPs naturally i had to go though the wettest part of the yard and locked both front hubs but forgot to hit the air switch so thats the first pause, most of the rest of the pull i am way sideways but got er dun. i have pictures but for some reason they won't upload from either the phone or now that i am using the computer, both devices have recently uploaded pics with success so not sure whats up

Merc1973

Helped a buddy tear down is rotting shed in his backyard and hauled in the Deuce to the dump. Weighed in at 15,580 and weighed out 14,300, strange..... I also Picked up 2 yards of topsoil to fill in holes where I had 5 stumps ground down and some low spots for seeding grass. Im in a hilly area and the difference was quite noticeable in lack of power going up hill.

Attachments

Last edited:

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cheyenne Christmas parade Toys For Tots. For the past 7 or 8 years I’ve lead the parade with my truck. We put the word out to the community that if they wanted to, they could bring toys and we’d pick them up as we travel along the parade route. This your we filled 7 big boxes of toys and a bicycle during the parade.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use it for putting in doggie fences. I pull a burying bar with the winch in hard to reach areas.

I use the battery jumper wires to inject amperage into the loop wires of the fences to fix partial wire breaks.

I disk plowed fields

I haul fire wood.

I haul my Ural Patrol motorcycle to the farm.

I use it to chase snowmobiles off the farm.

I use it to pump up flat tires in the fields

I have winched fallen trees out of the way.

I use it to crush snow piles.

I use it as a dry rifle rest in the rain.

I use it's search light for mobile illumination at night.

And grocery shopping.
Where did you get the ramps sir?

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like fun! I was hoping you had a sense of humor about a second after I posted that.IMG_2812.jpgThis was a good day in Indiana mud, not so much a drag race though...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks