• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Uses for Deuces

SRB1976

I was out on a leisurely "Sunday " drive in the deuce on the old mine road north of the town where I live looking for elk and happened to run into this poor guy. He was stuck there since 0930 trying to dig himself out. I showed up about 1700. That's a long time to be stuck.

20190104_165406[1].jpg20190104_165546[2].jpg20190104_170034[1].jpg20190104_170621[1].jpg20190104_172100[2].jpg

rustystud

I was out on a leisurely "Sunday " drive in the deuce on the old mine road north of the town where I live looking for elk and happened to run into this poor guy. He was stuck there since 0930 trying to dig himself out. I showed up about 1700. That's a long time to be stuck.

View attachment 752710View attachment 752712View attachment 752713View attachment 752714View attachment 752711
Well you did your good deed for the year early !
I bet he was happy to see you too !

Ajax MD

As I drove my Subaru Outback to the landfill/recycling center yesterday, I thought to myself "This would have been so much more productive with the 5-ton."
I have a lot of stuff to clear off of my property and using my little wagon just ain't getting it done.

It would also be nice to buy 2 full tons of pellet fuel at once for my heating stove and get the "per ton" discount instead of paying more and schlepping the bags home 10 at a time. :-x

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As I drove my Subaru Outback to the landfill/recycling center yesterday, I thought to myself "This would have been so much more productive with the 5-ton."
I have a lot of stuff to clear off of my property and using my little wagon just ain't getting it done.

It would also be nice to buy 2 full tons of pellet fuel at once for my heating stove and get the "per ton" discount instead of paying more and schlepping the bags home 10 at a time. :-x
When planning a dump-run I inform the neighbors of the day I'll be going and let them add to the load. It IS more productive. AND, I usually get at least one neighborly volunteer drooling for the opportunity to ride in the Deuce and willing to pay for they trip via his blood, sweat, and achy muscles/joints afterwards.

:grd:

Ajax MD

When planning a dump-run I inform the neighbors of the day I'll be going and let them add to the load. It IS more productive. AND, I usually get at least one neighborly volunteer drooling for the opportunity to ride in the Deuce and willing to pay for they trip via his blood, sweat, and achy muscles/joints afterwards.

:grd:
That's a great point, Padre. My neighborhood has an online bulletin board of sorts. I can offer room on the truck when I'm making dump runs and offer to transport neighbor's fuel pellet purchases to their homes when I buy my own pellets. This may help generate good will among those neighbors who may not be thrilled about my hulking, green truck in the driveway. ;)

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a great point, Padre. My neighborhood has an online bulletin board of sorts. I can offer room on the truck when I'm making dump runs and offer to transport neighbor's fuel pellet purchases to their homes when I buy my own pellets. This may help generate good will among those neighbors who may not be thrilled about my hulking, green truck in the driveway. ;)
Salute!

And, in doing so you will officially accept the title of AMBASSADOR FOR THE MV HOBBY.

Make us proud, Soldier!

Carry on.

Sgt C

As this was the first Halloween with the truck, I wanted to stay a bit whimsical instead of scares. It had the desired effect. The kids were all smiles. Also spent my "prop" allowance on the werewolf. No money left for surplus cammies.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
A whiles back We brought home stuff from the dumpsters.
Sort of filled the truck, ...................couldn't use a car.
Still working on it all.
IMG_0516.jpgIMG_0501 (1).jpgIMG_0507 (1).jpg

But that is what Deuce is for....We use the Deuce.

Last edited:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Frank, I have a grinder just like the one on the left (40 years)....a darn handy tool. I made pedestal and used 1 1/2" thick round as a base. I still have it, but it needs bearings. 8" x 1" is a good size. Those are some big sockets...good dumpster diggin' !

Last edited:

SRB1976

I got a call from a buddy early this morning and he told me he was stuck on the county road outside of town. I arrive at his location and holy **** he was stuck alright. We hooked up almost all the tow ropes we had to his truck and snapped two of them and his truck didn't even budge. So we jumped in the deuce and came back into town to see if we could borrow a longer heavier duty tow strap. We ended up at the town hall and asked if they had one we could use. While we were waiting for a response, the deputy sherriff called my buddy and asked about his truck stuck out there and my buddy explained the situation. The deputy said they would send a grader out there to help clear the road. We waited for the grader to get done and we hooked up the last recovery strap I had and got him out no problem.

20190130_080603.jpg20190130_080637.jpg20190130_082531.jpg20190130_093419.jpg20190130_095113.jpg20190130_100453.jpg20190130_100522.jpg20190130_100528.jpg20190130_114459.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Frank, I have a grinder just like the one on the left (40 years)....a darn handy tool. I made pedestal and used 1 1/2" thick round as a base. I still have it, but it needs bearings. 8" x 1" is a good size. Those are some big sockets...good dumpster diggin' !
I just caught on that someone THREW THESE SOCKETS INTO THE DUMPSTER????? What the...? And I am sure these are not China-made, either. A small percentage of people are largely idiots.

SRB1976

A buddy of mine from work called the other day and told me his truck broke down just outside of town. It died in a spot where the tow truck couldn't get to it because of the snow/drifts so we hooked up the tow strap but the problem was the truck was completely dead, only thing that worked was the dome light. Couldn't even shift it into neutral!:shock: So we ended up dragging the truck with it in park to a location where the tow truck could get to it. I sure hope we didn't damage his truck but it was his idea to drag it like that. Truck was a 2017 F150.

20190208_185501[1].jpg20190208_185514[1].jpg20190208_185652[1].jpg

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want to make your friend feel...smart..., show him the little tray to the right of the shifter in the centre console, take it out, open the flap that is underneath and then press the white lever that you see when you peek through the hole, towards the gear shift. That is the shift-interlock override. Gets it out of P even without a key.

Your Deuce looks great, playing with its little toy attached!

SRB1976

If you want to make your friend feel...smart..., show him the little tray to the right of the shifter in the centre console, take it out, open the flap that is underneath and then press the white lever that you see when you peek through the hole, towards the gear shift. That is the shift-interlock override. Gets it out of P even without a key.

Your Deuce looks great, playing with its little toy attached!
His truck has a column shifter.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah....then you need to pull the top and bottom plastic column shroud halves apart, remove the top, remove the 3 fasteners in the holes at the bottom, remove the bottom shroud and then look for the white disk that you can pull to unlock the shifter. More of a pain....I think pulling it locked up on the snow and ice was the quicker way! Also showed that truck who is boss!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks