• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Using 5 ton cargo trucks for adventure type ventures

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I remember someone posting about using 900 series 5 ton cargos to haul passengers for "Safari" type adventures.
I have searched till the cows came home (and we do have cows) and could not find them. Can some search guru help an old guy out?

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eastern Surplus claims to have built some for 6 Flags. See the link on their home page.

There are 5 trucks down here parked beside the road 20 minutes south of the Liberia airport. I inspected a combination of deuces and M939 series offered as tour vehicles. They are fitted with forward facing seats and appear to be ready to roll. However the advertising company has a website that does not exist??? In addition the trucks have cargo truck license plates, which is an obvious signal that the sellers don't know their business.

Rick

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Thanks for the replies so far...the one I'm thinking of had paintball guns mounted on the sides and the riders could shoot at (Z word deleted) while they were on the tour. I may have seen this on another site but for some reason I'm thinking that it was posted on here. May have been deleted due to the use of the Z word.

DocPA

Theres one for sale out here on the Phoenix CL. Just saw it yesterday. Has a long ramp to walk up into the back I guess. Big $$

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the replies so far...the one I'm thinking of had paintball guns mounted on the sides and the riders could shoot at (Z word deleted) while they were on the tour. I may have seen this on another site but for some reason I'm thinking that it was posted on here. May have been deleted due to the use of the Z word.
WM, That paintball (at least one of them) is up here by me. About 8 miles from me or so. I took a picture of their billboard and posted I think. They have several.

Artisan

One of the links above are to the Lond of Illus1on. I went looking
just for fun to learn about the place and I found way more than I
was looking for!

The folks driving these things need to be LICENSED and TRAINED.
Carrying passengers and not knowing how to use that Brake release? OMG!

I think I hear the FWCW buzzing the whole time and what I see
at 1:14 is CRAZY! LOL! Do I hear him say "the brakes are not
that good in'em" too? OMG! Ya think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkcZLvwP7YI

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's the one by me Richard. If you get hold of them or want me to stop by let me know.

Csm Davis

One of the links above are to the Lond of Illus1on. I went looking
just for fun to learn about the place and I found way more than I
was looking for!

The folks driving these things need to be LICENSED and TRAINED.
Carrying passengers and not knowing how to use that Brake release? OMG!

I think I hear the FWCW buzzing the whole time and what I see
at 1:14 is CRAZY! LOL! Do I hear him say "the brakes are not
that good in'em" too? OMG! Ya think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkcZLvwP7YI
That is case and point why all of us (old heads) preach read the -10 TM before you drive one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks