• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Using 5 ton cargo trucks for adventure type ventures

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A while back somebody posted a 939 series truck crossing a river at pretty high speed, the driver hit something in the process of crossing and had the front end of the truck about 5 feet off the ground, THAT would be one H-ll of and adventure!!!!!
Karl

IsaLandr

Tartaned Goði
So... I have to ask... I watched the video, and everything else aside, why was the alarm buzzer staying on? I don't know too much about the A1 and A2 trucks, ours are plain A0, but... in ours, the buzzer only goes off if the spring brakes are set or if the air is low. Pushing the spring brake override doesn't set off the alarm. I have yet to find anything else that will set off the alarm in ours, in the almost a year and a half that I've been driving it.

Was he driving with the air too low? Or does something else set off the alarm in the A1/A2 trucks?

charger53

So... I have to ask... I watched the video, and everything else aside, why was the alarm buzzer staying on? I don't know too much about the A1 and A2 trucks, ours are plain A0, but... in ours, the buzzer only goes off if the spring brakes are set or if the air is low. Pushing the spring brake override doesn't set off the alarm. I have yet to find anything else that will set off the alarm in ours, in the almost a year and a half that I've been driving it.

Was he driving with the air too low? Or does something else set off the alarm in the A1/A2 trucks?
Mine will set the annoying alarm if the ABS detects a problem.

charger53

On ours, the ABS light just comes on if there's a problem. Which has happened, though it appears to be resolved now. No alarm, however.
I have had the ABS light come on one time. It was accompanied by a lower tone than the air buzzer annoying noise. could have been something else, but as soon as I found the wire unplugged in the abs and restarted the truck the buzzer went away to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks