• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VA Steel Soldiers Rally - Putting it all together!

bullitt798

maddawg308 said:
bullitt798 said:
...finally, something close by. PMed ya' Maddawg.
Just letting you know I didn't receive any PM from ya. Check twice, there are several on SS with "MadDawg" in their name. Make sure you sent it to the right one. :)
..I just clicked the PM under your post. .Was just wondering how could a person meet up Saturday morning to do just a day event. Not sure of the location of the camp site you guys would be at.My 1954 M-37 is tagged and insured but I would bring her in on the trailer because it's about a hundred miles from where I am at and I could make alot better time in my Ram pulling the M-37...

Thanks,
Jerry

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Buggyman - I did get it, I have a bunch of PMs to reply to, hope to do it this evening.

bullitt798 - yes, if you can only show up on Saturday, that's no problem. We can provide you directions to the campsite prior to the event.

Opie

Bullitt798,

I'll have to use you as an emergency option to get Mrs. Opie back to the Roanoke area if she thinks we're all crazy and hates offroading. :wink: :cookoo: :driver:

Seriously, it is great to see another person from around here on the forum!

Opie/Peter H.
Salem, VA

bullitt798

Opie said:
Bullitt798,

I'll have to use you as an emergency option to get Mrs. Opie back to the Roanoke area if she thinks we're all crazy and hates offroading. :wink: :cookoo: :driver:

Seriously, it is great to see another person from around here on the forum!

Opie/Peter H.
Salem, VA
...Hey Opie, I hear ya'. I can bring her back if she can only stand 1 day of our madness. We live just across the mountain off Rt311 so maybe we are not to far away.Maybe we can meet up at Fast Freddies one Sat night in our rigs and hang out.

..Well Dawg, count us in then. Just let me know the where and when to meet up and we will be there.Put me down for 1 XLG shirt and also where do I send the money?

L1A1

MadDawg308,Opie
I talked to the Sheriff today and he brought me over to the LT. in charge of all the road deputys and ran our request by him. The LT, asked me how many vehicles would be in our "convoy" where do we want the road deputy to meet us and what time & date to be there? So I guess we have our "police esscort" to safely enter the forrest.

I'll need a snail mail address to mail out the money for 2) XLRG size shirts and to send the road march routes to the rally point I did for guys coming up from the South or down from the North. The route(s) I've drawn up will get someone driving a large slow MV through H'burg to the rally point w/o causing too much greif to the MV driver, or the other motorists on the road with them.
Matt

Opie

Man, I can't wait!

I have many Cohiba cigarillos for the campfire. (I know cigars are more manly, but I screwed up at the airport!)

jollyjeepers

I'm sorry to say that we are not going to be able to make it. We were REALLY looking forward to this.

Yesterday (Wed.), Pete fell and broke his lower left leg and upper left arm. He already had a torn rotator cuff on the left side so now he is totally usel...disabled. :wink:

Today he underwent surgery to have all sorts of hardware installed and it looks like he's going to be out of commission for quite some time.

We hope we can meet up with you folks before next year's rally.

Thanks!

Beth

Opie

Beth,

looking over all the (to me) geraheaded posts, I'm sure some guys on the forum could have done a "Six-Million Dollar Man" improvement on your "stock" Pete to make him faster...stronger...etc.

Warmst regards, and hope the local hospitals are treating him well. (I work at Lewis-Gale.)

Opie/Peter H.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Beth, sorry to hear you and Pete can't come to the rally. Hope he gets better real soon...

For those that have PMed me with questions, T-shirt sizes, etc. for the rally, I know, I know, I haven't gotten back with you yet. Single parenthood has really been taking a toll on my free time in recent weeks. I plan on tackling all the PMs this evening, and start working on compiling contact information for everyone, getting directions to the rally point out to everyone who is convoying in, other things.

ONLY THREE WEEKS LEFT TO WAIT! We'll be wheeling in the woods before too long!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, time for a bump to top, and an update.

I am awaiting the convoy map routing from L1A1 shortly, which will be forwarded out to all the people who are coming from points north, south, and east for this event (strangely, noone coming from West Virginia. Not sure why). You all should have it within the week.

I plan on heading down to the AO on Easter weekend (Saturday) and do some final mapping and campsite planning.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, though, is that I have to hear from some people about whether you are coming, and some who have confirmed that they are haven't told me if they want t-shirts and in what sizes. Cost of the event is $20 which includes the USA-made t-shirt on the 1st page, and a big Friday-night dinner as well. If you are only coming for one day, I still need to know what size shirt(s) you and your guests need. If I don't hear from you by March 20th, you get no shirts, sorry. You can still attend at $5 per person, to cover the dinner, but I have to know by the 20th the shirt sizes so I can order them. Any later, and they won't be done by the rally.

Here's the info I have so far on people, their guests, and their shirts:

I HAVE SHIRT INFO FOR THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING:

Opie, 1 guest - 1 L, 1 XXL
MadDawg308 - 1 XL, 1 XXL
troll, 1 guest - 2 XL
M215, 1 guest - 1 L, 1 XL
Thebuggyman, 1 guest - 2 L
bullitt798, 1XL, 1 SM
Adamlee - 1XL (unsure if going, schedule conflict)
L1A1, 1 guest - 2 XL
portert0224, 1 guest - 1 2XL, 1 M (unsure if going, schedule conflict)
ShieldWolf - 1 XL (unsure if going, schedule conflict)
tsmall07, 1 guest? - 1 XL
builder77 - 1 L

NOT GOING BUT WANTS SHIRTS

SteelSoldiers - 2 XL
Srjeeper - 3XL

HAVEN'T HEARD IF GOING, NOR HEARD TSHIRT SIZES:

actionfigurebob, 2-4 guests
justinflohr, 1 guest?
1917, 1 guest
mbware, 1 guest

UNSURE IF GOING (schedule conflicts, or day tripping only), NOT SURE OF SIZES:

SierraHotel

If you are on the above lists that haven't contacted me, PLEASE DO SO ASAP. Will be sending out PMs to everyone who I haven't heard from this weekend.

Not too long, fellas! I am doing maintenance on my rig to make sure she is 100% for the rally, and gathering all the camping gear outta the shed, so I'm itching to camp!

Opie

Bueller...Bueller?

Clean your yards, attack your "honey do" lists with a vengeance so April 4-6 is free for wheeling!

PM Maddawg you you can get a pretty t-shirt.

L1A1, sent you my address so I could be added to the Southern convoy route.

Anybody got a line on a generator so we can have light and movies at base camp?

My communications list has four names on it right now. Chime in with your cell #, FRS handset info, etc. so we can contact each other in the woods!

Workers of the World, Unite! (Sorry there...I was getting happy with all the declaratory statements and exclamation points!!!)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just updated the lists of the tshirt people, and the list on page 1 of those that are coming. As we get closer, some are dropping off, which is to be expected. As I've said before, time tells who the die-hards are. Anyways, sorry to hear some cannot make it, we'll see you next time.

As for those who are still set on going, we're gonna have a great time in the woods! Nothing like the smell of diesel fumes in the air, the dirt in the shoes, and the looks on the faces of other drivers who encounter us on the trail! 2 weeks to go!

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ok I am going to finally get off the fence on this and get in on this trip. It looks like I will even be driving the deuce to instead of my daily transport. I am not sure if I will be able to attend all three days though. I think I am too late, but just in case I wear a Large. Where do I send my $. I hope I am not too late Mike.

I will be posting an ad in the next day or so for some items I am selling if anyone needs anything. M105 sides, 5ton battle rim, M1008 rear axles NOS, M1009 axles front and back NOS, teledyne 4 cylinder engines NOS, and you can even buy the M35A2C out from under me if we plan ahead, so I don't have to walk home.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Roger that on wadereg, thanks. Will update the final list of those going shortly.

Here's the final info on the tshirt order, those who responded. I will order a few extra in case some don't decide to go until last minute.

I HAVE SHIRT INFO FOR THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING:

Opie, 1 guest - 1 L, 1 XXL
MadDawg308 - 1 XL, 1 XXL
troll, 1 guest - 2 XL
M215, 1 guest - 1 L, 1 XL
Thebuggyman, 1 guest - 2 L
bullitt798, 1XL, 1 SM
Adamlee - 1XL (unsure if going, schedule conflict)
L1A1, 1 guest - 2 XL
portert0224, 1 guest - 1 2XL, 1 M (unsure if going, schedule conflict)
ShieldWolf - 1 XL (unsure if going, schedule conflict)
tsmall07, 1 guest? - 1 XL
builder77 - 1 L

NOT GOING BUT WANT SHIRTS

SteelSoldiers - 2 XL
Srjeeper - 3XL
HeadWizard - 2XL

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, letting everyone know that this is the final tally that I have of those that are coming. If you are going, but you're name isn't here, LET ME KNOW. There were some on the master list from a couple months back, but I just haven't heard from them.

Coming to the rally:

L1A1, 1 guest, M151 *
tsmall07, 1 guest?, M1008 CUCV *
bullitt798, M37 *
MadDawg308,M35A2 *
Opie, 1 guest, M109A3 *
TheBuggyman, 1 guest, M813 *
M215, 1 guest, M813 *
peecook, 1 guest, M109 *

Not sure if going (schedule conflicts) or going for one day only
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
troll, 1 guest, M35A2 or M1008 CUCV *
portert0224, 1 guest, M1008/M1009 CUCV
Adamlee, 1-2 guests, M35A2 *
ShieldWolf, M37
SierraHotel, M35A2
rhinomike, 1 guest *

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks