• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vacuum Pump Testing

Dozer11B

So I recently purchased an 84 M1009 and it was shifting hard and late. Replaced modulator (adjustable was already on it so I should have tried adjusting 1st, but now I have a spare!) at trans and adjusted it about a turn out. This minimized the hard shifting but it still shifts late: 1st to 2nd at 20-25 MPH and 2nd to 3rd at 40-45 MPH. All lines are good. Vacuum regulator on IP looks fine. Vacuum testing straight from the vac pump reads as follows:This is baseline. Not running. This is idling. I read somewhere about rebuilding the vac pump vs. buying a new one. Trying to stay low cost since the wife is pretty pissed I am buying 33s and 2in lift already...

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your running IE10. Lookup Patracy's thread about the enter key.

I would buy a used pump. Never heard of anyone rebuilding it themselves. Cardone rebuilds them for the parts houses

Dozer11B

Hey thanks Warthog. Found Patracy's thread- working through it now. On the pump I read of some guys having no vac at pumps they got from the JY, so I'll prob just go with a parts house unit.

Hal O'Peridol

I went through 2 used pumps and a rebuilt from the parts store (O'Reiley's). All three bad, 4th one actually worked. At least with the one from the parts store, it has a lifetime warranty.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks