• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vacuum Pump Testing

Dozer11B

So I recently purchased an 84 M1009 and it was shifting hard and late. Replaced modulator (adjustable was already on it so I should have tried adjusting 1st, but now I have a spare!) at trans and adjusted it about a turn out. This minimized the hard shifting but it still shifts late: 1st to 2nd at 20-25 MPH and 2nd to 3rd at 40-45 MPH. All lines are good. Vacuum regulator on IP looks fine. Vacuum testing straight from the vac pump reads as follows:This is baseline. Not running. This is idling. I read somewhere about rebuilding the vac pump vs. buying a new one. Trying to stay low cost since the wife is pretty pissed I am buying 33s and 2in lift already...

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your running IE10. Lookup Patracy's thread about the enter key.

I would buy a used pump. Never heard of anyone rebuilding it themselves. Cardone rebuilds them for the parts houses

Dozer11B

Hey thanks Warthog. Found Patracy's thread- working through it now. On the pump I read of some guys having no vac at pumps they got from the JY, so I'll prob just go with a parts house unit.

Hal O'Peridol

I went through 2 used pumps and a rebuilt from the parts store (O'Reiley's). All three bad, 4th one actually worked. At least with the one from the parts store, it has a lifetime warranty.