• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vacuum valve part source...?

Asmoday

Hello all,

Does anyone know where I can get the part number 22506637 shown in the pic below new or maybe a substitute that would work? Mine is broken and I believe it's affecting my trans shifting. The number 22506637 comes up as a GM part that's no longer available... FITTING TRANS VAC MOD PIPE (3.680),(03.680) (NOT AVAILABLE)

Thanks!!!

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Google the number and I think you'll find several sources to purchase them.

Asmoday

doghead...Way ahead of ya....:) I did Google it at length. I typed in GM 22506637 and actually did not come up with much at all unfortunately. I tried just the part number by itself and with GM. Some NSN listings came up as well but just info. Not available somewhere.

I did read on another post here that a replacement may be available from the Motormite/Dorman aftermarket parts. I'll have to do a little research.

I always Google everything....[thumbzup]

Last edited:

cpf240

As far as I can tell, that part is NLA. I tried my local NAPA, O'Reillys, Pep Boys and Car Quest. I even took the print out shown above by the OP hoping that a counterman might recognize it. Several other threads here on SS came up with the same result... NLA.

I just removed it and connected the hoses direct to the valve. Be sure to keep the same orientation.

If someone does find a source, I'd love to hear about it!

Asmoday

cpf240...Thanks for the advice. I was reading the other threads and did catch the note on orientation of the lines. I just like to use correct items if I can but I will probably hook the lines up directly as mentioned...:)

Hopefully there is a cache of these somewhere...LOL.

cpf240

cpf240...Thanks for the advice. I was reading the other threads and did catch the note on orientation of the lines. I just like to use correct items if I can but I will probably hook the lines up directly as mentioned...:)

Hopefully there is a cache of these somewhere...LOL.
I'd prefer to have the correct part in there, but until I can find one, I'll live with the direct connection. :-D

top_prop

Both my 6.2's are connected directly due to that thing dry rotting and cracking.... I searched High and Low for them and can't find one out side of super pricey suppliers to the .gov who won't return my calls or emails...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IIRC there was a member that ended up with a substantial cache of these. His name here was loghead or groghead or something like that.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sold them all . But thanks