• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Valve Tappet Question

fhu667

I pulled my pushrods out tonight, and on a couple of them it felt like the tappet stuck to it as I was pulling and it made a rattling sound. On one of them it didn't feel like the pushrod wanted to fall back into place. Is it possible / likely that the tappet came out of its hole and dislocated? I see from the TM there is an inspection cover, but it looks like a lot more work to get to it.

rustystud

I pulled my pushrods out tonight, and on a couple of them it felt like the tappet stuck to it as I was pulling and it made a rattling sound. On one of them it didn't feel like the pushrod wanted to fall back into place. Is it possible / likely that the tappet came out of its hole and dislocated? I see from the TM there is an inspection cover, but it looks like a lot more work to get to it.
It' very common to pull the lifters out when removing the pushrods. Get a flashlight and look own there and see if you can make out the lifter. If you see it then you can use a long magnet tool like mechanics do and fish it out. Then you will have to use the same tool to reinstall it and a long screwdriver (or something similar) to push off the tappet from the magnet. I've used this method many times before.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks