• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIC-1 intercom

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not upset, just being cocky! I spent several hours working on the M35A2C I once owned. Ran new steel brake lines to the back. Took it for a test ride and blew out the steel line between the airpack and the tee seperating front and back. Tomorrow I'll try again. BTW, I dug out the powerbleeder for the job so I'll post pics of it in the AM.

h1crwchf

Important safety tip

Recovry4x4 said:
h1crwchf said:
Oh, yeah, if you use the C-Thanks for adding that Bjorn. That is the plug on the bottom of the 10456 control box. I was fortunate that they were included with mine. I was reading about that after I purchased the parts! Didn't know anthing about it!!
I would have been seriously disappointed after installing everything only to find it didn't work because of a little plug!

Dave
Didn't I point that out about 7 posts up from here?
I sincerely apologize Kenneth, I didn't mean to take anything away from your contribution. I will screen closer next time...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys! No worries at all! Considering some of the abuse I go through at work, its a pleasure to chat with y'all. It does tell me I need to format my responses in a better fashion. LOL!

h1crwchf

MX-7777

cranetruck said:
Us Virginians have to stick together. :)

Bjorn
AMEN! :)

On another note, I looked on the diagram concerning the MX-7777 and it looks as though all I need is a "bendix" connector for the 4720 power cable and a CX 1061 cable? I'm asking because the numbers are right on the edge of the diagram. I assume the CX 1061 goes from the batteries to the MX-7777?
I bought the MX-7777, I just need to find the cable and connector.
Thanks
Dave

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a better detail of the MX-7777 suppressor w/cables. The cables for the MX-7777 are as follows: (the diagram is not clear on this)

The cable from the batteries to the MX-7777 is the CX-10613G. It has ring terminals on one end and the 4-way "wing nut" connector on the other. It plugs into the MX-7777.
The cable from the MX-7777 to the VIC-1 is CX-13089/VRC. It has the "Bendix" connector on one end with 3 prongs that plugs into one of the two output connectors of the MX-7777. The other end has the 4-way "wing nut" connector, which plugs into the VIC-1.

Here is the CX-13089/VRC:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Military-Power-...goryZ588QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Let me know if you need the CX-4720, I may have one of them.

It's late, I'll double check the numbers tomorrow.

Bjorn

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This diagram shows the cables for the MX-7777 better.
I cut the connector off the CX-10613G and installed (crimped) ring terminals for the battery connection in its place.
The CX-4720 will not fit the MX-7777.

Bjorn

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's of any value, I have TM 11-5830-340-30 on disc. Its the direct support maintenance for the VIC-1. Doubt that anyone has this one.

h1crwchf

VIC-1

Recovry4x4 said:
If it's of any value, I have TM 11-5830-340-30 on disc. Its the direct support maintenance for the VIC-1. Doubt that anyone has this one.
Sure would be nice to have that, I am going to install my intercom soon...
Dave

Armada

This diagram shows the cables for the MX-7777 better.
I cut the connector off the CX-10613G and installed (crimped) ring terminals for the battery connection in its place.
The CX-4720 will not fit the MX-7777.

Bjorn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vrc-45.jpg
Description:

Filesize: 209.45 KB
Viewed: 889 Time(s)

Bjorn, In regards to the CX-10613 cable, I am doing the same thing as you did for powering the mx7777, cutting the end off and putting on ring terminals. Which wire is POS and which is NEG? There is a center wire that is protected, and another wire over that, then wrapped as one. I want to be sure, is the inner wire the pos?
Thanks for the help!
Paul

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Without anything else connected to the MX-7777, you can check polarity by touching the battery terminals with the ring terminals, wrong polarity will trip the breaker on the Mx unit....good test for the MX7777 as well.

BillIdaho

If I may jump in for a moment. I am restoring a Gama Goat as a communication model, (without an S-250 shelter). I have sunk no less than 5 various radios, receivers, etc, including a VIC-1 system, into this project. Every time I go to Lodi, or any other show nearby, I bring home a handful of cables. It seems that the Goat somehow "absorbs" the cables, because after I install them, I stand back and wonder where they just went. It must have 10 miles of cables.
ANYWAY, I have dire need of one remaining cable. I had no problem finding the first few, but I need one more CX10613 (usually they are about 8 feet long). The last few shows, including Lodi were unable to satisfy my need. Anyone have one for sale, for less than a ba-zillion dollars?
Thanks.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bill, the cable shows up on ebay from time to time, but may not be described correctly, so use different keywords and look at the results for clues. Check "beltfed34" for example, he has cables that are not identified by part number.

Armada

ANYWAY, I have dire need of one remaining cable. I had no problem finding the first few, but I need one more CX10613 (usually they are about 8 feet long). The last few shows, including Lodi were unable to satisfy my need. Anyone have one for sale, for less than a ba-zillion dollars?
Thanks.
Bill, I got mine from Fair Radio for a reasonable price.

Bjorn, good idea for testing the mx7777 to make sure it's doing it's job. Thanks.

BillIdaho

I just checked Fair Radios website, they didn't list a CX-10613. It looked like they had everything else, but not the one I need. The problem is that many people think it is the same as a CX-4720 with a Bendix on one end. Not so, the CX-10613 has a different 4 prong that fits into, for example, an MT1029 mount for the VRC series. The 4 prong on a CX-10613 fits the GRC series, and will not work on a VRC mount, again, such as an MT1029 or an MT1898. The easiest way to tell if it is a CX-10613 is if you can screw both ends of the cable on to an MX-7777. In other words, make a loop going from the output to the input. A CX-10613 is the only cable that can do this.
I will try this beltfed34 guy.

Armada

You might call Fair Radio and ask them. I've fund that they don't list everything online. The cx-10613 I got from them a couple weeks ago was brandy new, sealed in it's original packing. Good luck.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
these locations for crew boxes were convenient for me. If you intend to operate the switches to switch radios while moving, it could help. The usual headset cable is just a bit short for the driver prompting me to wear the headset reversed left for right. The box mounting screws are 1/4" size and go through the inner lip of the hardtop. Large washers should be used. My VIC amp is in the shelter and it's set and forget. Power is switches in the cab-to-shelter by a contactor controlled by a switch.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks