• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIC-1 intercom

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Once the knobs are set, you rarily need to change them and all can be hidden. I keep my system mounted to the rear bulkhead (behind the seats) and turn it all on and off with the switch on the MX7777.

Boatcarpenter

CX-4720 cables have the "wing nut" connector as a female. You need to have a male "wing nut" connector to fit the MX-7777 . I called and got one from Fair Radio and then swapped it onto one end of a 4720 to go from suppressor to mount. While you are at it, pick up a set of their handy-dandy cable connector spanner wrenches. Saves a lot of hassle checking for good connections in the connectors etc. Also, they have male and female "bendix" connectors. Also, one quick look inside the MX-7777 will tell you which is pos. and which is neg.
BC

Armada

Good news guys, I finally have a working vic-1 system! Thanks for the help from everyone. One new am-1780 and a bunch of aua later, and it's working, very well actually. The only thing I've noticed and I'm wondering if this is just a characteristic of the vic-1, is that there is background noise, or should I say 'white' noise, in the headsets. It's not bad, but it's there. Voices are loud and clear so it's not a big deal, but should it be silent? Thanks.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Where does this gadget fit into the equation? From what I understand this takes the place of the MX7777 but if it blows, it's gone versus the MX-7777 shutting down and needing reset.

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there another input to this box? The MX-7777 is connected to the batteries and distributes "clean power", this box appears to get its input from an AM1780 or control box, so the damage is already done if there is a battery abnormality....
Is it simply a splitter, but then the use escapes me, since all the components in the VIC-1 system permits "daisy chaining"?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
The one pictured has double hookups on the "bar". I have one infront of me now that has only 1 hook up on the bar. Info on the item says the following:

Power Connector Inc
OCS66 PT. NO: 88360B

Info on the cable is CX-13312/VRC dated 9/92
also number of 80063-A3018360-1
and the length of 2' 7"

Plug in's look like it fits the standard hook up on a MT1029 and AM1780 and C2298 box. When I saw one, it was hooked up to a functional VIC system. Location was between the power and MT1029 but I can't for the life of me figure out how that is possible given the connections I'm looking at now.

I did a web search on the CX # but it really didn't bring back anything useful.

Ideas?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Found it

It is listed as a VIC interface cable. It goes from a sincgars mount base J3 to a CX-13300.
The dual bar shown in the picture above is a splitter cable and does the same as the single one but goes to the CX13292 in addition to the 13300.

Still not sure how they had this hooked up.

Tackettr

I know I'm dragging up a old thread here but I'm trying to figure out the VIC-1 system. Have search and looked at TMs.

I'm wanting cables to go from BAT to MX-7777 then to AM-1780 then to C-boxes. Mainly, I don't want the radio tray in the mix. Is this possible? What cables will do this? Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks