• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

View on this, ITS DONE!!

Humvee

Holy Cow!!! Now that is one sweet rig! I hope you post up the build up on it unless I missed it somewhere on this site? Did you strech out the frame or used a longer wheel base frame?

If I had any skills and the resources even remotely near yours, I'd definately like to do something like this. I'd make the wheel base a bit shorter since having the bed overhang from the back a bit just gets me going. :) I tried a photoshop on one of your photos to show the shorter wheelbase.

Attachments

hot rod deuce

Humvee, you right I think it looks better like that. It would also help me get some weight off the front axle. I kinda planned to do some thing like that when I do the air ride suspension. I think I will also move the tandem a few inches closer together just to make it scuff a little less.

hot rod deuce

quarks, I just trimmed out the windows with 1/8 thick flat and had a peice of Lexan cut for it and got some "tractor cab" gasket. Its the same stuff Kenworth sleepers use on the sky light windows.

55cameo, 3 inches of suspension and 3 inches of body. I didnt want the extra 3 inches from the body lift but needed it to fit the aftercooler.

n1bnc, Added 4 feet to the frame. maybe air power windows to match the wipers

55Cameo

Hats off to you, that is one cool Deuce!!! I would love to put some more power into mine to help with the 53's. Maybe one of these days. Keep us posted on pics, vids and updates. Again, great build.

m.walker

WOW !!! The funny part is we recognize all the incredible work involved , but to most people it looks like a current military vehicle ! Very well executed !

nemesis_001

Re: RE: Wow!

Rattlehead said:
Waaay cool, and huge! [thumbzup]

Gets me thinking, I wonder how a "suburban" style deuce would look. 4 doors and an enclosed back, blended in as if it were made that way.

It would look pretty much like these one i think. They're a renderings i did using Squirt Trucks rig. They're posted in the photo gallery. Hope you like them.

Attachments

nemesis_001

RE: Re: RE: Wow!

Sorry to bother you HOT ROD DEUCE what kind of air ride are you considering to use??? Is it only going to be on the rear tandem only or is for the front also??? Is it going to be like something like the original setup (walking beam) something like in the following pics. Or do you have something else in mind???? Thank you for your time and response.

Attachments

diego127

Tony... that thing makes me rock hard if ya know what I mean. Looks like a great fun toy for you and the family. Definetly need a rolling video of this beast at work. You may have one in the works allready but cant wait to see it. Hooraah and hats off to one of the best Deuces I have seen yet.

EvilDiesel67

hot rod duece...Man that is one sweet looking rig. I myself have not bought a duece yet but am looking. Hats off to you and your fabrication skills. You rig looks bullet proof!!! Throw some.50 cals on that thing and you have a machine!

jumpmasterjim

Sweet! I was thinking about stretching the cab on my duece if I can't sell it. Now I know what It will look like. Beautiful job.

hot rod deuce

Nemesis, I think I am going to gun just strait up Airliner air ride alot like peterbilt suspension but a little simpler and has less crap hanging below the axle. The hendrickson is by far the ideal suspension for the application. It would give even tire pressure on all four tires. But, it will be hard to lift the extra axle to shorten the wheel base with the walking beam. The air liner will be much easier. If I have traction problems I will just put ARB air lockers in the back two axles to get out of a bind. The air liner will also be a little more stable on the high way and the road is mainly where the truck hangs out.

Airliner also offers much more options for axle spread, because they are two seperate suspensions, the hendricson only goes to 52" spread and 52" beams are hard to find. That almost takes my 52-53" tires out.

I plan to move the rear tires forward and maybe run less air pressure in the rear tandem to get some weight off the front axle. I have 7600 on the front with no one in the cab and would like to get some of that on the rear.

Some of you may not know about the custom steering axle I made wider to put in the center axle, the plan is to lift the rear tandem and have 4 wheels steer at low speeds, like in parking lots.

100dollarman, Thats one bad a$$ looking jeep.I had no idea they made a Rubicon model in 4 door. What size tires are you running, they cant be stock rubicon parts.

mitchellracing

We have a pete with air leaf suspension and i gotta tell ya it sucks itll get stuck on wet pavement .Our other pete has hendrickson and hardly ever have to push it outta the woods.

100dollarman

Hot Rod- Sorry- dont mean to hijack- the Rubicon has a 3-4" lift with 37" Interco tires. Stock Rubicon HD Dana 44s with electric lockers, and I installed a Rotrex supercharger system. (+90hp)

Your truck is totally BADDASS!!! I have one deuce here now, and I am waiting on 5 more for EUCs. You are an inspiration to me, and I am sure many others too. I plan on doing some lifting/bobbing/etc and you have given us some great info!

Thanks!

hot rod deuce

The Pete is stuck because the suspension does not flex side to side. Thus if you run over a hump with the left tire, the right one is lifted off the ground and spins. The hendrickson keeps both tires on the ground. one way to over come this is with quad lockers in the rear now they are hard on axles BUT like I said, this is manily a highway truck anyway so I would only use the quad lockers in desperate times and be very careful.

Another secret I have been keeping from every one is the plan for a swiveling rear end. Im going to put a pivot in the frame and run the drive shaft through the center. Like a 6x6 Cat ff road truck. That will take car of the non-flexy suspension.

BUT it is more stable for a truck that is very tall and skinny.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks