• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vin number for licensing?

steelandcanvas

OK, I'll get technical. Technically it is FSCG and NIIN. Federal Supply Class Group and NIIN. The FSCG is further broken into FSC and FSG then the NIIN that is made up of 2 digit national codification bureau and then part number.

2320-00-077-1616
23 Vehicle
20 Truck (Cargo/Utility)
00 United States
rest of it is the part number.

Questions?
All righty then, I'm totally squared-away now, thanks to Bighurt and Carnac! :beer:

itsbrokeagain

Ive had the very same issue with registering older Porsches, especially earlier than 75...a few of them had 9 digit VINs and it created mayhem at the DMV. Ive been to several different ones around here over the years and never got one person who got confused, said I was missing digits, didnt have this or that form, etc.

I just take my stuff, hit the next DMV and in and out in 10 minutes.

KsM715

where is the nsn number located?
One the data plate on the upper right side of the dash.

Edit: I see from another thread that your data plate is missing. Are you looking for the NSN or the vin# of your truck? The vin# should be stamped in the frame rail. Drivers side, outside side of the frame behind the front tire. IIRC its near or infront of the rear spring hanger. You might need to sand off some paint to find it.

Edit #2. Even better. Read this: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/65311-deuce-frame-id-newbies.html

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks