• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIN number

Jake0147

RE: Re: RE: VIN number

If it was a civvy truck you would find A) the last eight of the vin plain and simple, or B) the last eight of the VIN, in a nine digit number. The second through the nineth of the nine digit serial number always match the serial number (10 through 17 of the vin). first number of the nine digit serial number often differs from the nineth digit of the actual VIN number.
As to where, and eight or nine digits, they vary and I don't have access to a master listing. I have seen men with the book verifying some of our "tricky" or "sketchy" vehicles that get abandoned with us.. Many of the hidden VINs that you read about are not practical or possible to find without destroying something. They change based on make, model, and year, but one listing I saw required cutting open one of the A pillars to find a VIN that was inside there before the metal was shaped and formed into an A piller. You are looking for less accessable but non-hidden VIN.
The top frame flange under the cab has certainly been used at one time, I'd guess about that vintage.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Swfb

I have been searching for the location of the m1008 vin number.
And only found this (old) topic, unfortunatly without pictures.

Are there pictures available which shows the vin number on the frame rail?
I have been searching on my cucv but could not find it

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been searching for the location of the m1008 vin number.
And only found this (old) topic, unfortunatly without pictures.

Are there pictures available which shows the vin number on the frame rail?
I have been searching on my cucv but could not find it
Lower corner under the windshield on the drivers side in the dash is the factory VIN , it should also be on the data tag on the drivers door unless the door has been replaced.

Swfb

Lower corner under the windshield on the drivers side in the dash is the factory VIN , it should also be on the data tag on the drivers door unless the door has been replaced.
Thanks, I found those positions. Only in The Netherlands it has also got to be on a fixxed part of the car.
Doors and dash can be switched from an another car. The frame rails cant. Therefore I need to find the numbers on the frame underneath the cabine.
Soso I can proof it is the car as mentioned on the title.

Rutjes

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just checked what RDW (our DMV) has on file about my VIN, it says "rechter balk achter vooras" (Yeah I'm Dutch too :D), so "right rail behind front axle".

In the links posted by porkysplace I see people mentioning VIN on the top of the frame, passenger side near the front seat, so same place I guess.

I'd look there!

Swfb

I just checked what RDW (our DMV) has on file about my VIN, it says "rechter balk achter vooras" (Yeah I'm Dutch too :D), so "right rail behind front axle".

In the links posted by porkysplace I see people mentioning VIN on the top of the frame, passenger side near the front seat, so same place I guess.

I'd look there!
Thank you all, I'll start searching and will make some pictures when I find it.
15th august it will be checked by the DMV to get a Dutch registration.

And good to see more Dutchies :)

Rutjes

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you all, I'll start searching and will make some pictures when I find it.
15th august it will be checked by the DMV to get a Dutch registration.

And good to see more Dutchies :)
Good luck! Double check everything before you go there. Some of the inspectors can be a real pain in the ass, they'll sent you away for the dumbest things and you have to go through everything and pay again.

Also make sure they get the proper (tow) weights. I've seen people on a Dutch forum about US cars share copies of their registration so the guy going to the RDW/DMV has something to show if they try to low-ball it.

FYI, mine is registered as a truck (N2/BA 01) and has a gross vehicle weight of 4267kg on paper, gross trailer weight of 2722kg and combined maximum is 5443kg. (Bought it like this).

Last edited:

Swfb

I got the wrong info. It's not on top, but on the side.

View attachment 736131
I have been searching today for the vin number on the side off the frame.
All I found was the partnumber of the frame.
Finally I found it on top of the frame. Just before the rear bolth of the seath.

DSC_0123.jpg

At our other m1008 it was also stamped at the side of the frame
I have got no idea why there is a difference. But we do now know where to look.

Part nr on the side.
DSC_0117.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks