• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Virgina Steel Soldiers Rally - April 4-6, 2008 - sign up !

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: VA Rally

Wasn't sure about that yet. The AO will be a little spread out, but it might make sense to have a base camping area, rather than a different spot both nights. However, that will probably require someone at all times to stay back at the campsite to make sure noone screws with the stuff left there.

I am getting a new body for the CJ3A here shortly, hope to rebuild it the end of this month, early March, for some mapping and trail running 2nd or 3rd weekend in March, map out the last of the trails to try out.

So far, 17 trucks and drivers, possibly 20 guests, looks like a great turnout so far! Granted, a couple will fall off the list as we get close to April, but maybe a couple more will be added, too!

L1A1

RE: VA Rally

MadDawg308
I sent you a PM. I'd like to vol. to stay at the AO as I'll be acting as cook anyway.
Matt

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Q for MD308

L1A1 - good deal, you can act as cook if you would like to. BTW - thanks for the help on Monday with the trucks! Hope you liked riding in an M35A2.

Adamlee - not sure how to do that. Can anyone help with that request? It would be the area between Rt. 33 west of Harrisonburg, VA, and Rt. 250, about 16 miles south of it.

Bump to top - Anyone else interested in going? T-shirts should be finished by this weekend. They will be available sometime around March 1st, we'll deal with a final head-count and who wants a shirt then.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, 1917 ! Added you and your wife to the tentative list. Not sure which vehicle you were going to take, so I put down M35A2 or M813 with a ? at the end. The CJ5 would be good too! Course, it would really be interesting if you brought the Nova! :)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bump to top! Make sure you let other friends in the VA/MD/WV/PA areas know that the rally is on-schedule and we are looking good for the event plans. Many thanks to those who have already helped out with mapping routes, organizational support and volunteering for event activities!

wadereg

anyone from south-east va going? I would like to have another MV w/ me for the trip. Maybe someone w/ a towbar just in case something does happen.

I'm in Hampton so good meet up spot for those coming up 664, 64 and even 17.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think SteelSoldiers (Chris) was going, he's down from that way. I heard BKubu was trying to get Blake to show up, but no word on that yet....

mbware

Count me in with a guest. Wade, I'm just across the bridge in Gloucester and will bring either a M51a2 or M543a2. The travel company will be welcome.
Mike

Gloucester Virginia
2 M51a2
M543A2
M813

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got a call from Gary, a non-Steel Soldier who bought my old winch truck. He said he'll be here for 1 day since he lives closeby. I added him to the list.

So far, 23 drivers and almost an equal number of guests! I am thrilled that so many Steel Soldiers are coming out into the woods for this event! Looks like we're gonna have a very large contingent, and many thanks to everyone for showing their interest in this rally!

We might have to make this a yearly thing, if all goes well...

troll

Note to maddawg308- I am a steel soldier, having just joined this year. Since this is my first reply, I'll make it short. I only have an m35a2 , m1008, and just bought an m1010. The purchase of the m35 from Mike was a no-brainer- great guy to deal with. I have spent 99% of my off-road life in this area of western Va. on motorcycles, four wheelers, and 4wd trucks and can guarantee the terrain is varied enough to suit anybody. There is food, fuel, and lodging closeby in Harrisonburg and even some of us military nuts in the area if you should happen to need help. I look forward to meeting all of you and helping out when I can. Thanks.

Troll

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good news, folks - the T-shirt design is done! I will start a new thread with all the pertinent information, hopefully that thread will be a final "pre-trip" thread that should cover all the final updates, events going on, and who will be going. Will post that tomorrow morning.

Only 1 month to go !

jollyjeepers

We would like to attend and have made a post in the other column. Just need a little help with lights to make the trip.

portert0224

I plan on being there presuming I can get either of my MVs running. If I get them both running, I may bring family (wife + 2 kids) and drive both vehicles up.

Tracy
West Point, VA
1985 M1009 (will not do jack when key is turned, no lights, no noises, starter relay good, starter switch good, lock cylinder operable, volts at starter selenoid, all fuses good)
1986 M1008 (will crank, but will not start, doing troubleshooting today)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks