• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Virginia Fresh Meat!

feedthafire

Hey names Jordan i am originally from Colonial heights VA, but im currently stationed in Bahrain. After Deployment ill be moving to Yorktown/Williamsburg area. In which i plan to hopefully purchase a m35a2 off of govliquidation and bob it. I have a 1969 c10, a 1966 c10, a 95 mazda rx7, 94 mazda rx7, 5 kawasaki stand up jet skis, a suzuki lt500 (quadzilla) and Honda crf 50 fully built for big people. My father owns Sanderson roofing and gutter which i plan to start taking over slowly while in the military. I am a "Machinery Tech" in the Coast Guard pretty much just work on diesel engines in the. I often travel to Keywest FL as i have family there. I plan to be pretty active here and do plenty of research i am obssesed with these bobbed m35a2.... Any locals to colonial heights or yorktown area? If so ill be looking for help on my build and some one cool to chill with...

feedthafire

awesome, does any one have a clue once i bob one of these beast what i have to do to make it street legal? do i need a special license? if so i can start doing it, i am 100% into getting one. I am in love with them haha and been saving so money no option

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard. Thank you for your service.

Good luck getting a Deuce off of GL anymore. They are few and far between. You are better off getting one from a private seller that has done all the paperwork.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh yeah, learn how to use the search function because your questions have been answered numerous times. Enjoy. :)

feedthafire

I am not new to forums i know how to search but this thread is already started, its not like i went and started a thread just asking that question. I figured it couldn't hurt to ask on my introduction thread. Its the only newb question i have i will deff be doing a lot of reading on this forum while i am on watch. Thank you... I guess i will just have to bid on every one of them on GL until i get one ;) haha i will see what happens when get state side i just want one i don't care who it comes from... but i don't want a restored one, i want to do all that. I will deff keep that in mind with the private seller i am in no rush to get one but i do want one and have the money so I'm not BSing

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I'm saying is there are very few left in service to even come out through GL. Even the 809 series trucks are scarce. The 939s are getting dumped now.

zout

You think your obsessed now !!!! wait till you get one and the true sickness obsession digs in - you'll be selling all your toys to get more OD green.

As well - thanks for your service especially headed into this Veterans Day weekend here in the "real world".

Cruceno

Welcome Jordan! I'm in Portsmouth, just down the road. Also in the CG, I'm and OS at Sector HR. Give me a shout if you need any help getting settled or getting/registering a truck. I might be able to help you out

feedthafire

Oh wow, this appears to be a great forum, very welcoming. I am getting stationed at Yorktown. Haha i wont be selling toys i will just be not eating i think imma grow up to be a toy hoarder. I really want to put one of those hoist in the back and haul my stand up jetskis with this truck. Drive it in the water, drop the skis and then park ;). I will deff keep in touch with yall i am trying to start finding a house to buy around yorktown/williamsburg/ gloucester area... Thanks for the welcoming guys!

feedthafire

Oh wow, this appears to be a great forum, very welcoming. I am getting stationed at Yorktown. Haha i wont be selling toys i will just be not eating i think imma grow up to be a toy hoarder. I really want to put one of those hoist in the back and haul my stand up jetskis with this truck. Drive it in the water, drop the skis and then park ;). I will deff keep in touch with yall i am trying to start finding a house to buy around yorktown/williamsburg/ gloucester area... Thanks for the welcoming guys!

braddrummond

Let me know if you need help with the house hunting. I grew up in the area. Do you have kids? If so, keep your search in Yorktown. If not, the best bang for the buck is Gloucester.

Brad

feedthafire

no kids just LOTS of toys! i want to live in Williamsburg but seems to be all condos and i have too much **** for a condo and i have loud toys .... medium and bigger garage is a must...

3dAngus

Welcome, and if I miss ya, welcome home when you get there. Really nice places you mention. The Florida Keys are my favorite of all the world, mostly, because it is still US, and we have the best hospitals, which is important when you hit 60.

Anyway, a few more comments on your comments.

The M35A2 is getting very scarce as Steve mentioned. Another prominent member predicted they would all be sold by October by this year, and we are seeing a few scragglers coming in, but the quality is poor for now if you do find one. Be prepared to buy from an individual if necessary.

On your concept of useage, it is not going to work. This is a very poor concept of using a hoist for a jet ski. First it is dangerous, which you can handle in most cases, I'm sure, but it is going to be way to high, especially if you bob it right and go with 46 inch tires or so.

Please consider going with a low lying trailer, to be pulled behind your deuce, or a civy truck. One accident and you have $1000 worth of damage to some fiberglass on the jet skis.

Anyway, as a Bobber owner, those are my comments. Do as you wish of course. Sometime experience helps, but is not always welcome. Good to have you aboard Steel Soldiers. I hope you stick around and I look forward to seeing pictures of your new bobber, before and after the work. They are really Cool!

p.s. I think I would buy a M101A2, strip off the bed, and build a drive up ramp where you can just drive the jet ski right up on it, even if you had to build ramp extensions off the back of the frame.
A M116 is the same thing, and already has a flat bed on it, if you can use it. You can mount waterproof lights and back the thing right into the water off the back of your deuce. Just a thought...

Last edited: