• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Virginia to Florida and back 2006

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's yours truely at the controls of the robotic arm. Also note that my supervisor is looking on, reviewing my skills as a crane operator. Thats the M756A2 bed being loaded upside down on Bjorns truck. First shot is of the skeletal remains of the pipeline truck. Won't be long now until the mighty gas hatchet reduces it into pieces. Judging by the rust on the frame, this truck should have been a refrigerator door 15 years ago.

Attachments

Desert Rat

Kenny,

Who snapped the pic while you weren't looking? Bjorn? I was too busy to get a pic in. I notice you have your shop trailer where my travel trailer was. DK caused a power surge (I don't know how nor wish to know how either) with the genset and shorted out the heater and A/C unit in one try! Thought you'd like to know.

DR

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ouch, that hurts where it counts Brent! Bjorn did snap that pic and with my camera too. Dang, I was to slow to escape. For all you fellers in GA, Bjorn just rolled out of here 10 minutes ago. He's headed to visit with family here in FL for a spell then on his way north. He said to expect him around 5PM tomorrow (thats Thursday). He's loaded down with just the basics and his stuff. Ron, he's got your towing lights, trailer plug and M/C cap gasket. Joel, you got a bed coming. We didn't have a place to dump the gas out of the tank and never did get to strip that engine but I will. If you need anything in a hurry, let me know. Hey Robert, no room for the 7 tires and wheels man. I'll make sure they're here for ya of you ever decide to come this way or when the next truck goes north, we'll send em.
Here' a parting shot! Godspeed Bjorn and thanks!

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He should Robert. Once he gets rid of that bed, he'll have a flat loading surface again. He's planning that anyway. The guy here in Ft Lauderdale has an old GMC at his farm in Live Oak. It was at his shop last year when Bjorn was there. Bjorn said it had the same wheels as his truck has. I might be able to get these wheels too.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How stupid of me to provide critical information in the wrong format. Guess I'll have to leave all times out in posts to avoid flamage, better yet, anytime there's a time to post, it will be 1700. That ought to help!

mangus580 said:
whats this 5PM stuff???? do you mean 17:00 hours??

sorry kenny.... had to.... rofl

:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks