• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VT to Anneville PA

Preacherboy

We backed it in a spot at the hotel and I had a tow strap in my wife's Tahoe, we pulled it about 1 foot before it started. I have that gauge, that is a good call about the gauge that might have something to do with it.

vtdeucedriver

Ive got to do a adventure myself in a couple of weeks. Bringing my M62 home from my parrents house................good thing its only 50 miles :)

transman

there is an ole boy here in Pa, that just tore apart a 2&1/2 just to use the motor in an old tractor. I was /am going to list some of the other components in the ad section but if Ican help you guys out with gauges alt etc. let me know. transman@frontiernet.net.

rlwm211

Get a torque multiplier for the lug nuts

Fredo;
Do your self a favor and get a geared wrench for the lugs. It is called a torque multiplier and it is designed to hold the inner in place while loosening the outer nut. Besides that it also offers at least a 4 to one torque multiplier. Prices vary and they are offered on Ebay from time to time. I paid just shy of $100 for mine including shipping and would not travel anywhere without it.

Hope this helps
RL

working on insurance. I would go if had it insured and registered. I just won a m105a2 at Drum from GL yesterday and will need to pick it up with the deuce so no more slacking on getting on the road.

nhdiesel

there is an ole boy here in Pa, that just tore apart a 2&1/2 just to use the motor in an old tractor. I was /am going to list some of the other components in the ad section but if Ican help you guys out with gauges alt etc. let me know. transman@frontiernet.net.
Sounds like it would be a good candidate for an engine swap. If all he used was the engine, or engine/trans, I would toss a 12v Cummins in there and have a nice truck.

Jim

nhdiesel

working on insurance. I would go if had it insured and registered. I just won a m105a2 at Drum from GL yesterday and will need to pick it up with the deuce so no more slacking on getting on the road.
If they cover VT, you could check with Concord Group. They covered my Deuce. I explained it was military, the weight, and they didn't care. They just asked what it was similar to, and I explained it was kind of like a big farm truck, except military. They were happy, and I got liability for under $200/yr.

Edit: They cover most of New England.
http://www.concordgroupinsurance.com/

Jim

nhdiesel

Yea, I read too many stories on here about companies that didn't want to handle military vehicles, so I made sure I mentioned that first. I think we got a bit of a price break because we have another vehicle with them, but my wife was ticked because my Deuce was cheaper to insure than her '99 Durango, both with just liability.

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks