• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WA State Collector Vehicle license HB 1933

srodocker

anyone that tags the deuce regularly how much does it run you a year? as i may have to change since i read the actual law and its not what the DMV told me....

srodocker

Thanks mike. Got a email from Tami Green whose is a representative

"Scott,
Thank you for writing. I am not on the transportation committee where this bill is being heard, but I understand your concern. I believe that this bill is scheduled for a public hearing on February 22nd, and if it is not voted out of committee by February 25th it will not be able to move forward this year. I will keep your concerns in mind if this bill makes it out of committee.
Tami"

wsucougarx

Feb 22nd huh. Hmm, anyone up for a mini rally? Well a gathering more than an actual rally to voice our opinions. Need to see what my work schedule looks like.

srodocker

Just got off the phone with Mike Carrel and he doesnt support the bill at all and most others dont. i guess its a freshmen politician trying to pass it. He says its most likley to die on tuesday

Amer-team

Good job you guys. Way to keep after it. I was in Oly on Friday and had a friend look it up and he was thinking that it probably would not pass out of committee. But if someone is available to be there on Tuesday, it does look good if someone or a few are able to sign in at the hearing as Con, which means you are against the rule. Sometimes a small one like this (big to us) can sneak by for lack of opposition. No one against, tough economy and they just found a way to pump us for a few extra bucks.

Amer-team

It is scheduled for House Hearing Rm. B at 1330. You may want to check the House calendar that day. Monday's they are pretty good about keeping on schedule, but it does start to slide as the week progresses. While someone may want to take their big truck, parking is a premium around there. Maybe we should do a drive on the Capitol sometime. Sounds like another rally.

Irv

HB 1933 Collector plates. Urgent! email reps

Go to www.wa.gov and click on Government. Click on the thing that identifies your representatives. Voice opposition to HB 1933. They want to change it so your vehicle has to be at least 40 years old, not 30, as it currently stands. No mention of any grandfather clause, either. Even if it doesn't affect you, it affects some of your friends. Let's stick together on this. Irv

Jinx

I disagree with this proposition of course, but it's hard for me to imagine a vehicle that was built in 1981 could be considered a classic. I must be getting old.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I disagree with this proposition of course, but it's hard for me to imagine a vehicle that was built in 1981 could be considered a classic. I must be getting old.

:funny::ditto::shock:

It's called AGING, Sir. I guess we're just going to have to live with it and "get over it" - Let's face it, we're ALL becoming ANTIQUES day by day.

:driver: Time marches on... And waits for NO MAN [thumbzup]

wsucougarx

OK I decided to not only contact my reps but to also contact the Rep who is sponsoring this bill. His response is as follows:

Dear Dr. Henderson:

Thank you for your recent email on HB 1933.

This bill addresses a problem with counterfeit or unidentifiable collector plates and law enforcement. Right now there is no way of identifying who owns a collector vehicle by just the license plate. It is necessary for an officer to stop the vehicle and examine the registration. This presents a public safety issue.

HB 1933 does not penalize anyone who is currently driving with a legal, proper collector plate. All of those are grandfathered in.

There are no increased fees or registrations for anyone who is currently registered legally.

It directs DOL to create a database of collector plates so that the State Patrol can identify who is legally registered to the car.

For new registrants it changes the definition of “collector car” to include only those that are 40 years old or older. This definition is not retroactive. This last change is designed to conform the definition to those cars which are in fact collector vehicles while avoiding most of the fraud in license plates and vehicle usage which the state is experiencing.

Sincerely,
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
State Representative
35th Legislative District
Mod B-101
[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif][FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]Finn.fred@leg.wa.gov[/FONT][/FONT]

Amer-team

Was anyone able to make it to the hearing today? How did it go?
I would agree that making the vehicle identifiable by its plate should be done. On my 1953, I have an original plate, not the state issued collector vehicle plate. It would seem that they could make an administrative change to add that plate into the database. It is reflected on the registration. I got stopped in Oregon last summer and when the trooper ran the plate, he could not get a return from the WA database.

It does pay to keep a copy of the current regulations along with registration and insurance card.

wsucougarx

It appears the bill is still activeaua

History of Bill

as of Friday, February 25, 2011 8:25 PM

Sponsors:Representative Finn
2011 REGULAR SESSION
Feb 10 First reading, referred to Transportation. (View Original Bill)
Feb 22 Public hearing in the House Committee on Transportation at 1:30 PM. (Committee Materials)
Feb 24 Executive action taken in the House Committee on Transportation at 1:30 PM. (Committee Materials) TR - Executive action taken by committee. TR - Majority; 1st substitute bill be substituted, do pass. (Majority Report) Feb 25 Passed to Rules Committee for second reading.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks