• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

waiting for the tow truck

K9Vic

I saw your Craigslist post for the sale of your M1009, wish you the best in selling it. Wish I knew more about diesel mechanics, but like you I just know a Little about them. I noticed on the picture I took of it at the dealer you got it from it had "electrical problems" listed on the window. Maybe someone here can get a better idea as to why it stalls from that. Or that may have just been due to dead batteries and that is why it said that.

I will pass on your info to my other local CUCV friends as your price is fair knowing the condition of the truck other then your running problem.

Attachments

watkinssr

Thanks man. The body is in really good shape, no rust at all, and there's an ungodly number of new parts. Had a guy come out and look at it today, and he made me an offer. Just a little less than I am willing to take right now. My diesel benz is spewing tranny fluid like BP, and the wifes jeep is out with a bum transfer case. I hope to get enough to get another vehicle to break and curse at.

K9Vic

Well, it's off to it's new home. I'll find another one some day.
Well sorry to see it go and you will find one again, there are still allot of them out there. Wish you could have fixed it, but maybe the new owner will be better at figuring it out. If I had a engine hoist and lived in the country I would have bought it from you, but I do not have extra driveway space to store a vehicle.

watkinssr

I think the new owner is going to drop another motor in it. At least, that's what I'm going to pretend he is doing, wether is does or not. I made him promise not to tell me if he finds something simple that was broken.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks