• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Waiting to pick up my m998--radio/cb advice

Icecold1

So in the mean time I've been buying parts i think it might need,so far i picked up some Ir lights and some antenna mounts,now thinking of picking up a stereo with gps and a big touch screen and a cab radio.
my 998 is supposed to be in running condition so once i get it home and check it out i want to start modding it up to be more useful.
i dont care a ton if it stays 100% military so i dont think I'm going to go with huge wip antennas,more somthing that fits in my garage better.

so if i make a custom box and carpet it between the driver and passenger add some speakers in it and maybe some in back is this a solid plan or is it true that these trucks are so loud you need earplugs to drive them?

thanks in advance for the advice i have about 4 weeks till my euc clears

pete

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Pete

Welcome to the madness. I have an assortment of radio shelves to fit the doghouse. Upper shelf, mid shelf or full size bottom and top trays in Classified

jeffy777

Congratulations on your 998. Noise is a weird thing, it is like food, some people thing things a hot and others cannot get hot enough. Mine is not loud to me. I am not a stereo person. I listen to my HMMWV. I like to figure out the noises to fix issues. I have had one for a year and I am still learning issues with my HMMWV. I just got another so I am starting over again with the new one.

Good luck and enjoy.