• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Waiting to pick up my m998--radio/cb advice

Icecold1

So in the mean time I've been buying parts i think it might need,so far i picked up some Ir lights and some antenna mounts,now thinking of picking up a stereo with gps and a big touch screen and a cab radio.
my 998 is supposed to be in running condition so once i get it home and check it out i want to start modding it up to be more useful.
i dont care a ton if it stays 100% military so i dont think I'm going to go with huge wip antennas,more somthing that fits in my garage better.

so if i make a custom box and carpet it between the driver and passenger add some speakers in it and maybe some in back is this a solid plan or is it true that these trucks are so loud you need earplugs to drive them?

thanks in advance for the advice i have about 4 weeks till my euc clears

pete

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Pete

Welcome to the madness. I have an assortment of radio shelves to fit the doghouse. Upper shelf, mid shelf or full size bottom and top trays in Classified

jeffy777

Congratulations on your 998. Noise is a weird thing, it is like food, some people thing things a hot and others cannot get hot enough. Mine is not loud to me. I am not a stereo person. I listen to my HMMWV. I like to figure out the noises to fix issues. I have had one for a year and I am still learning issues with my HMMWV. I just got another so I am starting over again with the new one.

Good luck and enjoy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks