• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Want/forsale adds

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
How about SEPERATE sections for want adds and for sale adds, sure would make it easier to look for things that are for sale, also easier for people that have something to sell to find who is looking for a item. Right now you have to go though 1/2 want and 1/2 for sale adds just to be looking for something, search also brings up both want and for sale

T

televisionman007

How about SEPERATE sections for want adds and for sale adds, sure would make it easier to look for things that are for sale, also easier for people that have something to sell to find who is looking for a item. Right now you have to go though 1/2 want and 1/2 for sale adds just to be looking for something, search also brings up both want and for sale
i totally agree with ron on this lets seperate the ads8)

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would also be nice to have more categories, like breaking vehicles and parts into 5 ton and up, deuce, CUCV, and Other vehicles. It is just too many ads to search through.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'd suggest ditching the classifieds system completely. Then setup a for sale forum with auto-prune setup to clear things out.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Both ideas are great - and will be implemented when I design the new classified section, as well as a bunch of other new features ;-)

They will NOT be a forum section.... for previously stated reasons, as well as new ones (related to the new features that will be available...)
I searched for threads under your account, but didn't notice anything that really related to the classifieds system. Could you give a brief explanation why you detest to having a classified forum vs. a vB classifieds hack? We have a simple forum setup broken down into sub-forums on my site. We also have auto-prune setup to keep things clean. It works for a forum with 130K members on it...

Also I had posted up the other day in the

3dAngus

Why is it that every time I've brought up things about the forum the staff gets so bent out of shape about it? My last post was only questions and factual statements.
As a completey unbiased observer, it would appear your commentary is challanging and testy, as if someone works for you, or has to explain himself to you. I don't really know the situation here between you two, but I will say I am pretty happy to get anything I can get out of this site, as it costs me nothing but whatever I want to give.

Perhaps you could find a softer approach to your questions, without "forcing" an administrator to answer to you, unless it is his prerogative to do so. If you addressed me in that manner, as a volunteer, or even paid on a part time basis, I would be offended in your approach. Try reading it again. Maybe you will see what I see. Good luck.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
As a completey unbiased observer, it would appear your commentary is challanging and testy, as if someone works for you, or has to explain himself to you. I don't really know the situation here between you two, but I will say I am pretty happy to get anything I can get out of this site, as it costs me nothing but whatever I want to give.
Perhaps you could find a softer approach to your questions, without "forcing" an administrator to answer to you, unless it is his prerogative to do so. If you addressed me in that manner, as a volunteer, or even paid on a part time basis, I would be offended in your approach. Try reading it again. Maybe you will see what I see. Good luck.

You Sir have an excellent way of addressing things....wish I did...but since I don't:

THANK YOU

Attachments

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Guess I could be perceived as testy. It's nice to not be in the hot seat with 130K members screaming about everything. I'm not paid for the abuse either on the site I admin. In my professional life, I'm also in IT, but for healthcare. Time tends to be of the essence, therefore pleasantries are typically spared. (I spent a vast amount of my time documenting things) It's hard for me, personally, to switch out of this "mode". I mean no disrespect to the powers that be by it. Unfortunately it's grown into a habit I suppose.

But in any case..... "The beatings will continue until morale improves!"

*This is sarcasm ;)

3dAngus

(I spent a vast amount of my time documenting things) It's hard for me, personally, to switch out of this "mode". I mean no disrespect to the powers that be by it. Unfortunately it's grown into a habit I suppose.

Your honesty and candor is not only appreciated, but well understood now. Thanks for your comments. I can relate.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why is it that every time I've brought up things about the forum the staff gets so bent out of shape about it? My last post was only questions and factual statements.
What in the sam heck are you taking about? Please tell me who got bent out of shape. You quoted me so I'm assuming that you think I was bent out of shape. Sir, you have not been around here long enough to get the gist of what I posted. This battle has been fought many times before your arrival and the admin staff have been steadfast at keeping it the way that it is. I've lobbied for them to be in a forum repeatedly but they remain as they are. I am a little torqued now though. You have been here 5 minutes, don't assume you can read my feelings through a 5 word post and jump on your high horse and thrash out at the staff. The bottom line though is this. We are all guests in the house that Chris and Mike built. If we do not like the house that Chris and Mike built, we are all free to leave. Since you drew first blood, I'd also like to say this. In reference to your issues with operating a smart phone and IMG stuff here, loss of pics is only one of the reasons it's set up that way. Many of the members access the site though work computers and many of the pic hosting sites and social networks are blocked. Again, this stuff has been discussed in great specificity in the past and the consensus was to keep it they way that it is rather than tailor it to a smaller few! I hope that you are not offended but if you are, sorry!