• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wanted! Needed! M1031 generator hub??/

citizensoldier

Hi guys..
As some of you know I picked up a M1031 maintenance box about 2 years ago. It still has the generator in it and its like new. I am looking for the hub assembly that must have been mounted on the truck to accept the huge belt? I have the NP205 PTO but it must have driven a hub for the belt. Anybody have a blow up of this?
If anyone is parting out one or knows where some are being scrapped please let me know. I am also after specs like RPMs at the final drive to the genset. I am trying to hook up another motor to drive this.. Thank you..

Crash_AF

The Contact Maintenance body has its own TM that is not authorized for public release.

What I can tell you is that most generators turn at 1800 RPM to make 60Hz

Later,
Joe

citizensoldier

That explains why I cant find any info on it online.. Anybody have a M1031 they could snap a few shots of the setup under the truck.. I dont want to cut a hole in the box and replace the giant belt pulley but that might be my only option. So the T case drives the PTO and does the PTO have a shaft to a hub with that pulley on it? Or is the pulley right on the PTO shaft?

Taz

PM sent to you. The PTO couples to a driveshaft couples to a pulley, mounted in a pillow block on a bracket bolted between the frame rails. The pulley of course spins the generator pulley. I might be wrong, but I think the pulley are the same size. Whew! Hope that makes sense. That gets the genny spinning, the speed control for the engine is kind of complex, there might be a diagram in the lh front door of your box? Anyways I have a pile of 1031 specific stuff laying around. Let me know if I can help, Gary

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks