• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wanted! Needed! M1031 generator hub??/

citizensoldier

Hi guys..
As some of you know I picked up a M1031 maintenance box about 2 years ago. It still has the generator in it and its like new. I am looking for the hub assembly that must have been mounted on the truck to accept the huge belt? I have the NP205 PTO but it must have driven a hub for the belt. Anybody have a blow up of this?
If anyone is parting out one or knows where some are being scrapped please let me know. I am also after specs like RPMs at the final drive to the genset. I am trying to hook up another motor to drive this.. Thank you..

Crash_AF

The Contact Maintenance body has its own TM that is not authorized for public release.

What I can tell you is that most generators turn at 1800 RPM to make 60Hz

Later,
Joe

citizensoldier

That explains why I cant find any info on it online.. Anybody have a M1031 they could snap a few shots of the setup under the truck.. I dont want to cut a hole in the box and replace the giant belt pulley but that might be my only option. So the T case drives the PTO and does the PTO have a shaft to a hub with that pulley on it? Or is the pulley right on the PTO shaft?

Taz

PM sent to you. The PTO couples to a driveshaft couples to a pulley, mounted in a pillow block on a bracket bolted between the frame rails. The pulley of course spins the generator pulley. I might be wrong, but I think the pulley are the same size. Whew! Hope that makes sense. That gets the genny spinning, the speed control for the engine is kind of complex, there might be a diagram in the lh front door of your box? Anyways I have a pile of 1031 specific stuff laying around. Let me know if I can help, Gary