• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Warbirds over Monroe, NC Nov 8-9th

EWhytsell

If I would have learned of it in time I would have emailed the event to see if they wanted some more MVs to park around the event. I haven't been successful at editing the title.

wilfreeman

I talked the wife into going Saturday and Sunday afternoon - she probably wouldn't go for the 50 mile ride in the deuce. I guess this will be a family affair for me now - that's good too though!

SteveKuhn

The event organizer's name and email are on this link. My experience is that sometimes you can set something up short notice.

http://www.warbirdsovermonroe.com/contact/

EDIT: Spent some time going over their site. Found this:

How can I volunteer for Warbirds Over Monroe Air Show?

Contact show organizers from our contact page or call 704.226.2300

Based on some of the above, it seems like a good idea to read through this link:
http://www.warbirdsovermonroe.com/faqs/#sthash.OT6UK9cB.dpuf

Steve

Last edited:

wilfreeman

I'm kind of glad we didn't get anything together for this event - that place was CRAZY! The family and I drove to Monroe to attend. There were cars lining the whole road beside the airport and filling every parking lot. They had busses running constantly from a parking lot at the far end of the road (about a mile away), bussing people to and from the show! We ended up parking along the airport fence at the end of the road because there were so many people. There was an Apache that gave us a show on every pass, and a Huey giving rides out and back. We got to see the p51s, Jap planes, a couple of twin engine ww2 planes and a biplane doing his show.

Last edited:

EWhytsell

On Saturday I was amazed at the number of people. I got there early and got a good spot to sit. Very cool show for a small airport. Very nice WWII era camp set up with vehicles as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks