• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Warner Robbins Ga. A2C's

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm still trying to figure out why the deuces at Warner-Robins go so high, when they're really not that nice......

exbrown

Are you sure that the truck you won was 6010? I won the A2C with the liftgate, and the lot number is 6010.

Went down yesterday to see my trucks 6010, 6025 both 87's, looked fine. Nasty fuel in tanks. 6010 was missing batteries but luckily had a slave receptacle and it started. 6025 started on it's own.

19 KILO

If your trucks are still at WR, plan on buying batteries.

Heartfelt thanks to whomever took 2 sets from my trucks in the past 7 days. Drove all the way back down to run them before we bring them up to Atlanta. Magically there are no batteries. They were on the end nearest the gate if that helps you remember.

Many blessings.

lavarok

That sucks, but then again I'd like to find the a-hole that stole the door from my M35A2C that was at Forest Park...but didn't you know...theft doesn't occur at these sites...at least according to the GL reps!!!

lavarok

All I can say is once your EUC clears, RECOVER your truck quickly. Haste is waste....

What is surprising is that this actually occurred at the WR lot. The Forest Park area is unmanned, but I know you have to get access in to and out of the lot on the WR base. However, it is a big area with lots of people moving about; so I can see how a serious thief could be successful.

bassetdeuce

Perhaps there isn't a sense of urgency by the GL staff. In other words, they bring you to your truck, have you sign the paper, then leave you saying "I'll be over there if ya need help." Then the thief is free to pick parts from the surrounding trucks. Again, it all depends on GL folks giving a chit (which indeed is rare). However this takes place, it makes me sick. Some people (thieves) are complete and utter a-hole scum. :evil:

wb1895

I got my deuce from WR. I had the same problem of sludge in the tank, and the deuce fairy came and removed my alternator. So, after draining the tank and tracking down another alternator, she fired right up.

Chief_919

Perhaps there isn't a sense of urgency by the GL staff. In other words, they bring you to your truck, have you sign the paper, then leave you saying "I'll be over there if ya need help." Then the thief is free to pick parts from the surrounding trucks. Again, it all depends on GL folks giving a chit (which indeed is rare). However this takes place, it makes me sick. Some people (thieves) are complete and utter a-hole scum. :evil:
Happens everywhere.

At Bragg it happeded with my MICLIC. I went down to get another lot and while I was there slapped a padlock on the BII box while I waited for my EUC. I showed up and somebody had ripped the hasp up getting in to it. They didn't take anything, but the scumbags ripped it up trying to find if they wanted anything.

I think the DRMO employees don't give a damm as soon as it becomes GL property, and GL so undermans the facilities they are not able to see anything.

19 KILO

I wish they took just the batteries but they got the box and the connector cable. It happened Mon Tue or Weds this week. I was there Thursday last week and was ready to roll waiting on EUC.
Would not be hard to figure out. I will be happy when I get them on my property.

Peepaw

That's a bummer. Me and some friends went out and looked some over the other week out there. No security what so ever. Good thing I'm not a thief.

19 KILO

Got all 3 Dueces off of the base this week. EUC the first time is horrible. 40 days. Tony from GL at Warner Robins is a good guy. He had all 3 of my trucks staged and started before I got there.
Drove 2 of them 200 miles with horrible garbage in the fuel tanks. Used an additive called Startron (West Marine) in them all. No issues, all the white floaters were gone from the fuel.
Atlanta traffic was horrible. Figured out that my 1970 must be full time 6wd. No air switch for the front axle. 56 MPH down hill. 50 MPH average. Lost one rear axle seal. Brakes were great. Tires good. One whistler out of 3.
One more to go tomorrow.

xmission

Kilo,

No problem at WR with the hold that they put on them, or are yours not a2s?

I have two waiting for approval from battle creek.

SanAnMan

Nearly Flawless Recovery from WR today

After 57 EUC days at Battle Creak, I got my 1986 Deuce today and had a great experience over all. Did you know there was a hold on these trucks???? "I had no idea," remember that line. I think I got nuked on the way home from the guages. I have had super strength all day.

Someone messed with my batteries. The batteries were toast anyway so they probably didn't want them or they got swapped by some bastard cat burgler. I had to dig behind the batts to find the cables jammed behing the tray and the middle tie cable was underneath.

I had the same mysterious alien bio-goop sludge in the tank. I was planning to drain the tank but it was nearly 3/4 full of fuel/goop. There was no way to get it really clean and I didn't want to dislodge a clump of jello so I hit it with Diesel 911 and I hit the road. It ran great fro all three+ hours anyway. That tank will have to come out to get cleaned up good. Maybe the hold on Deuces is targeted at finding out what that sludge is?

I got a jump from Tony the site guy - I really appreciated the jump. Make sure you keep him happy if he helps you out. He was very helpful so he probably won't last too long.

She ran very smoothly for the 160+ miles up and through Downtown ATL. Took 50 miles to warm up the engine and 50 to warm up the tires.

I was pleasently surprised it had the turbo; which was not mentioned in the add. Also, the springer seat was an awesome surprise too.

I should have taken some photos for you poor guys who have trucks sitting there. Once you get in, you get focused on just getting out of there before someone changes their mind so you don't think of taking photos for everyone else. If you have one at WR, just go get it before they start honoring the "hold." They say they are open for no-appointment pick up's M-TH, 8 to 2. Bring batteries and maybe the middle tie cable just in case yours got swiped. Bring some diesel 911. Bring cookies for Tony.

Attachments

19 KILO

Number 3 was a long drive last Saturday (40mph). Thought my tank was full after looking inside, (guage dead). Pulled into the Summit Racing feild after 30 miles.
Turns out that the strainer was so plugged up that fuel was puddled in the neck. Put in some new fuel and tossed the strainer neck in the bed. The truck took off like a scalded dog for a few miles then back to 40mph for 100 more miles. It was great when I hit Atlanta traffic. BMW's and Benzo's flipping me off left and right. My wife was behind me in the F150 all the way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks