• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Warning for NJ residents

Jtspendy

Brief Description & Eligibility - [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Historic registration may be assigned to an antique vehicle which is at least twenty-five (25) years old. The vehicle must be owned as a collector’s item and used solely for exhibition or educational purposes. Please note that the vehicle cannot be altered from the manufacturer’s original design in any way and must be equipped for legal operation on New Jersey roadways. Historic registration must be renewed every three (3) years, but there will be no-fee for the renewal. [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Trust me the state of NJ sucks, as for winning in Court, I dont feel having an expensive attorney bill winning, cost me $250.00 for normal registration, and $350.00 a year for insurance, lot cheaper then the legal bills for my situation, because I know I would have my vehicle impounded.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

FormerNewMVGuy

Well i live in NJ, have two commercial trucks, have two historic trucks....
if you operate within the law, you wont have any problems!!!!

I'm tired of all the NJ bashing on here, the state isnt perfect, but neither are alot of the states in the union.
I lived here my whole life, Its where the money is for me!
When i retire, then it will be Maine.
But as long as I'm here, I will do my best to support it.

135gmc

Most states have something similar - if a cop sees you driving something with a collectors/historic plate in rush hour heading to work, they can get a mite unhappy, but on a weekend, it all becomes a "test drive". When I registered my GMC 135 as a MN collector's vehicle, they asked me if I would be using it "for regular transportation". I told them that since it got up to 6 MPG, it wouldn't be driven often or far, and they were happy with that.

It gets driven to the gas station, to/from events & parades, and that's about it.

When I had my M37, though, I just put regular pickup plates on it since MN goes by vehicle age, and I recall it cost about $ 35 per year for normal plates.