• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WARNING: People Running RED Lights

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bravo for the motorcycle guys. rofl Was I the only gone who got a kick out of the two firetrucks colliding? All this reminded me of the game "Burnout"

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Anybody caught texting and driving should be snatched out of their vehicle and beaten about the head and face with increasingly monotonous regularity. I met an idiot on a two lane road today that had half his car in my lane....he pulled it back just in time but the phone was on the top of the steering wheel with both his hands on it. Drooling moron.

KsM715

I usually cant watch these type of videos without my blood pressure going through the roof, but the 2 firetrucks was f***ing funny.

Not trying to slide the blame from the people running the reds but alot of those turning left ones could have been avoided if the driver with the green had been paying attention. You have to drive defensively these days. I guess driving both a cop car and an ambulance at one point in my life has made me well aware that just because its green does not mean its clear to proceed.

panshark

I ride motorcycles 8 months a year in Idaho (if it's not icy/snowy, I'm riding!) I am extremely paranoid of people taking left turns. That and people who drive mini-coopers. I discriminate equally.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ran a red light once, years ago, I was on the road without sleep for a LONG time and I wasn't aware of what I was doing until I was in the middle of the intersection. I "awoke" horrified and scared to death until I made it through the junction, luckily there was no cross-traffic that day and no cops to see, but suffice to say I made sure I was never that tired driving again after that....

panshark

last red light I ran was through a major intersection in Tampa. Light was just turning red... I was braking, but only one brake was working. That tire was squealing halfway through the intersection; luckily a squealing tire works better than a horn. I replaced my calipers the next day.

hasteranger

I laughed at the fire trucks too, kinda shaking my head. The school bus was the best tho! I rewound it to watch it 3 or 4 times. Most of the rest just have you wondered WTF was going on.

I am against red light cameras, since statistic show they increase accidents and are basically responsible for yellow lights shortening. I'm against traffic lights in general. Every time there's an accident here, they put up a traffic light. Sorry, but if people would learn to drive, it wouldn't be necessary!

Ditto the comments that say riding a motorcycle changes the way you drive forever, for the better. I've been riding for about 6 years now.

Green_gator

That video is why I no longer ride my motorcycle. After three times of someone almost hitting me I parked it for good. Had a moron run a red light and broadside or minivan. The light had been red for at least thirty seconds before he ran it, thankfully five cars stayed to talk to the police. Nice thing was he had no job, no license and his girlfriends car had no valid tag or insurance. Fortunately his attempt to sue me lasted as long as it took to get a police report. I believe the quote from Hill Street Blues went like "let's be safe out there today."

PeterD

John from Wisconsin goes to visit his cousin Vinny, and Vinny's brother Bobbie in New York City. Vinny takes John out for a tour of the city. Blows through every red light, and he hit them all. Just when John was about to say something, they finally hit one that was green. Vinny slams on the brakes, and stops for the green light...

John, astonished, asked "why?"

"Hey, " Vinny replied "my brother is out driving tonight too! "

dcbrown

Had a kid run one in front of me the other day...

A few weeks ago, I had a kid run one in front of me. He was eyeballing a girl on the sidewalk - don't blame him there - but a 1953 M37 just doesn't stop on a dime! The truck did not want to stop and thankfully, the kid turned right before I hit him. But this is indeed a good reminder for folks. I drive mine like an old lady, but you gotta watch the other guy. He's the one that ruin your day. Lucky for us, it's some chipped paint. But God help the poor buggar in the car we drive over the top of.

M-35A3

First time i drive the deuce on the road ( since i got it home )i had to to get it weighed and on the way back one of those " rice rockets " passed me while making a left turn at a intersection. I had to blow the air horn and he didn't even look back . Great first experience driving it on the road :-x

Last edited:

TexAndy

I ran one this afternoon in a 1/2 ton pickup truck. I had 4k+ pounds in the trailer (tank full of waste motor oil) and 700 pounds in the bed of the pickup. Light turned yellow when I was about 2.5 seconds away, traveling 40 mph (speed limit was 45 mph)

My choices were either slam on the brakes and probably stop about halfway in the intersection/halfway out or just speed up and run the light.

The next intersection I passed through had a sign in front of it saying it was "photo enforced". I sure hope that means the other one wasn't. :sad:

Wrench Wench

I drive my Crown Vic PI like I was a chauffeur. My previous Crown Vic was totalled while sitting in front of my house by an underwear skidmark in a stolen Chevy Astro drag racing it down a residential street at 2:AM. Neighbor's brick porch is still screwed up.

Im not sure if this is true but ive heard from more then one person that has been hit by someone running a red light at an intersection with a red light camera and the city refused to release the footage so that they would have proof that the other driver was at fault.

For cities red light cams are a money making tool not a safety tool.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks