• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WARNING: People Running RED Lights

stumps

Im not sure if this is true but ive heard from more then one person that has been hit by someone running a red light at an intersection with a red light camera and the city refused to release the footage so that they would have proof that the other driver was at fault.

For cities red light cams are a money making tool not a safety tool.
Well Duh!

If it was about safety, LEO's wouldn't park down the street from the local bar arresting drunk drivers, they would stand at the bar's door taking keys, and calling taxi cabs.

My local county government was upset because the state standardized the minimum yellow light time, and raised the trip speed on cameras. As soon as this happened, the county exec announced that the law change was going to cause a budgetary shortage of a couple of million bucks... so they were going to have to furlough teachers, firemen, policemen and layoff library staff.

Meanwhile, my local 3 mile stretch of country road had its limit dropped from 45 to 30, and camera vans started appearing on the road side.

28% of all automobile accidents nationwide involve cell phone usage. I would bet most, if not all of the red light runners in the photos on that site are yacking on cell phones.

-Chuck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks