• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Watch out for straps

Jesse6325

Just my 2cents worth, I've run heavy equipment and farm machinery for 30 + years (still have all my fingers and toes too!:D) Chains stretch, So do cables. I still remember pulling brush with a tractor when I was a kid and hearing broken chain links whining off into the brush like a ricochet. Spooky sound that,,,
Another that REALLY sticks with me is when my dad dropped the D8 in the creek. It took a D6 and two case magnum tractors to get it out,,
After rigging all three machines together with 3/4 inch cable (about 1000 horsepower on the line going to the D8 ) our boss proceeds to stand right next to the cable!:shock:
I flat told him I was leaving if he didn't move. He go mad and asked why, Told him I did not feel like seeing his internal organs that day,,,,
He moved

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks