• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water Buffalo

WarCloud

Floridason: What I know, I've stopped telling people, because they just call me dirty names when I tell them. Nobody wants to hear the truth. What they want is for nothing to interrupt thier happy little lives, they want cold beer, the NFL to start in August, and thier paycheck on time. The fact that all of that is within 2 years of coming to a flaming crashing end, they don't want to hear at all. So I don't tell them anymore.

But this board so far has been a gold mine and I'm meeting great guys and finding exactly what I need. Not only did GammaGoat have my 10K GenSet, he has a snowplow rig that will fit my Deuce, which I been tryin to find for over a year. So far all you guys are tremendous.

I have a complete high tech reverse osmosis water purification plant with 750 gallons of processed water storage. This unit will turn pig mud into drinking water.
But in case of drought or a dry or completely mucked up well, I need to be able to pull up to a lake or reservoir and pump a tank full and dump it to my processor. Emergency use only.
So the cleanliness of the water tank is not hyper critical. No matter what I pour in the top of this processor, what runs out the other side is absolutely sterile.

WarCloud

Interested, sure, but you're pretty far away..would like to stay at least within reasonable 2-1/2 towing range (Colorado, south Wyoming, Kansas, north New Mexico).
Seems paying someone else to flatbed or tow it would cost more than the trailer. So I'm kinda trying to stay within a couple hundred miles of base.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WarCloud said:
Floridason: What I know, I've stopped telling people, because they just call me dirty names when I tell them. Nobody wants to hear the truth. What they want is for nothing to interrupt thier happy little lives, they want cold beer, the NFL to start in August, and thier paycheck on time. The fact that all of that is within 2 years of coming to a flaming crashing end, they don't want to hear at all. So I don't tell them anymore.

Ok, I'll ask.

Why do we only have 2 years to live?

scooter01922

I just can't resist either, the 2 year flaming doom prediction needs more explanation. I just can't stand not knowing. I promise i won't call you dirty names...if i don't like what your selling i just won't buy it :)

Deuce_of_Spades

Where are you guys getting IBC tote tanks for 50 bucks? Man I got ripped! I searched all over my area here in Oregon and all I could come up with was USED (T-shirt silk screen ink) tanks. Rinsed out but still stained bright yellow for $175.00! Man, I could use a few $50 tanks!

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Deuce_of_Spades said:
Where are you guys getting IBC tote tanks for 50 bucks? Man I got ripped! I searched all over my area here in Oregon and all I could come up with was USED (T-shirt silk screen ink) tanks. Rinsed out but still stained bright yellow for $175.00! Man, I could use a few $50 tanks!
Well I got mine for free but it was a guy cleaning his place up and he said I could have them if I hauled them off :D .

scooter01922

I too have been looking for some cheap IBC's. Just found a bunch today, guy has 50 or so for sale. Formerly held the liquid dye used to color barkmulch, i hear its at least biodegradable :? . Need to see just how bad the stuff is. Want's 50 bucks with the metal cage around them :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check with your best buddies at the FD. They ship the slime used to make fire fighting foam in these. I've gotten a couple from the FD. JW4x4, does Big Bird still have access to these?

jw4x4

Yes Big Bird does have access. I run across them quite frequently on my job sites. I presently have 2 in the back yard. Gives me flashbacks of Gravelrama hot showers!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks