• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water in crankcase

dhaumann69166

Whatever you do you need to do it SOON! Now that the water is out of there it will begin to rust extremely fast and it doesn’t take much rust to lock a motor up.
When I got my Humvee the intake manifold gasket leaked and would let water into two cylinders on the drivers side when it rained. Had to pull the glow plugs and crank it over to blow the water out then it would fire right off. Wouldn’t even turn with water in it.
I had an 80’s dodge with a V8 that went through a flood. Engine was full of water up into the valve covers. We drained it about 2 years after the flood then put new oil and filter on it. Dumped a full can of Seafoam in the oil and ran it for about half hour and then repeated the process a couple times. Took 3 or 4 or changes before it came out clean but it still runs.
Don’t forget to disconnect fuel or at least check the tank for water before trying to start it. If it went through a flood the fuel tank could have water in it too and you don’t want that going through your system. Power steering could also have water if the cap seal was cracked or old.

myimpala1

Ok update, i pulled all 8 glow plugs and they all came out surprisingly easy. All had water and white oil water sludge on them. I then filled with 5 gallons of diesel in the crankcase. I then took off the small cover by the starter and the motor spun easily. I turned it about 6 revolutions and the same milky white snot came out. I am wondering if the valley filled with water and it then got into the intake. I am going to flood the cylinders with seafoam today also.

myimpala1

No update yet. Been busy with work and the family. Hopefully will get a look at it again this week. I still need batteries. Any recommendations? i don't want to get the 6tl yet.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No update yet. Been busy with work and the family. Hopefully will get a look at it again this week. I still need batteries. Any recommendations? i don't want to get the 6tl yet.
Lots of threads on batteries, and lots of differing opinions.

As long as it's a matched pair of batteries over 700CCA each, and can be fastened down securely you should be good.
(matched being the same brand and model of batteries with identical manufacture dates)

maintenance free are better than regular, and AGM are much better than either of those.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have had zero issues since I went with the red top Optimus. I also swear by the Solarizer unit to keep the batteries happy.

Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks