• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water-in Fuel sensor wiring

jj

New guy here working on an 85 or 86 M-1009. It had some glow plug issues which had been attempted to be fixed by the previous owner by running them on 12 volts. I got hold of the manuals and restored the 24-volt wiring, but i put the small orange wire on the hot side of the GPR. D'oh. Eventually i resorted to just jumpering the GPR. It worked but in cold weather the batteries would drain in a day or two. Tracing the current leak led me to undo the small orange wire. Battery drain cured. So, did i fry the controller card? I can still start the truck with manually jumping the GPR, but if the automatic circuit could be made to work someone other than the thirteen year old and i could start it. next question, on the water-in-fuel sensor wiring is a three wire female connector (yel/blk,pnk/blk,and blk 16ga.). the only obvious place for it to connect to on the wiring harness is a four wire female connector (yel/blk,pnk/blk,blk 16ga,pnk 12ga.). The three little wires are obvious, but where does the pink 12ga. wire connect?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks