• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water-in Fuel sensor wiring

jj

New guy here working on an 85 or 86 M-1009. It had some glow plug issues which had been attempted to be fixed by the previous owner by running them on 12 volts. I got hold of the manuals and restored the 24-volt wiring, but i put the small orange wire on the hot side of the GPR. D'oh. Eventually i resorted to just jumpering the GPR. It worked but in cold weather the batteries would drain in a day or two. Tracing the current leak led me to undo the small orange wire. Battery drain cured. So, did i fry the controller card? I can still start the truck with manually jumping the GPR, but if the automatic circuit could be made to work someone other than the thirteen year old and i could start it. next question, on the water-in-fuel sensor wiring is a three wire female connector (yel/blk,pnk/blk,and blk 16ga.). the only obvious place for it to connect to on the wiring harness is a four wire female connector (yel/blk,pnk/blk,blk 16ga,pnk 12ga.). The three little wires are obvious, but where does the pink 12ga. wire connect?