• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Waxahachie, TX car show.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, I HAD to give ya grief, right?

And YOU WON A TROPHY! HOW KEWL IS THAT?

Way to go G! You should have dropped by and I could have loaned you my new pop up for shade. OH WELL, next show.

Blueduce

Fore sure wallew, I'll se ya at the air show in Mesquite. Hopefully it will be a better turnout than just me again. Tell the other fellas not to worry if they show up. I don't think they will be giving out trophies at the air show. :not worthy:

machinist75

I was thinking of going to that show. I went to the mustang Sally promotions show bye my house in Murphy, up in Collin county. Got me a trophy in the special interest class. They like it when I bring out the deuce, they some good people at msp. My wife would have not forgived me if I would have went on mothers day.:beer:

Blueduce

Totally understand Machinist. My better half is out of town. That is the ONLY reason I was able to go last weekend. The folks at msp ran the show in Waxahachie as well. They are a great bunch. Looks like we entered the same class and took the "W" for MV's everywhere. That was one of my dilemmas was which classs to enter. With the Deuce I could have entered the Truck class, the convertible class or special interest. Looks like I chose wisly. Would love to see picks of your show and would love to see ya there in Mesquite.

machinist75

Totally understand Machinist. My better half is out of town. That is the ONLY reason I was able to go last weekend. The folks at msp ran the show in Waxahachie as well. They are a great bunch. Looks like we entered the same class and took the "W" for MV's everywhere. That was one of my dilemmas was which classs to enter. With the Deuce I could have entered the Truck class, the convertible class or special interest. Looks like I chose wisly. Would love to see picks of your show and would love to see ya there in Mesquite.
When and where. Those same folks are having a car show at Bahama mamas in garland. It's a club out at a marina at lake ray Hubbard of of 30. Do you know John Colwell out there. He probably dosnt have time for a car show.

Blueduce

Sorry machinist I don't know John Colwell. What's your decision on the Mesquite air show. You gonna go. Do you or Jim know what we need to do to get into the show as a static display.

joshs1ofakindxj

So what was on your poster board on the front of the deuce?

Specs? History? Just info about Wounded Warriors?

I'm going to a car show tomorrow and thinking about making something like that with some general info about the truck so I don't have to answer the same questions.

Blueduce

Thanks redbeard, I actually had a fellow at the show tell me that he would have kept it blue. :roll: Believe it or not I would take the hot pink HEMTT. I drove the M977 for several years on the German autobahn back in 92-93. Man that was kicks.

Blueduce

Jish1, the display board was exactly that. The right side had picks of Bluedeuce from day one to present. The left side had all the trucks specks and history including descriptions and pictures of all M35 variants. The center was my mission statement and the WWP donation info.

I simply got one of the ti-fold presentation boards from Wally world and attached all the picks with spray adhesive. It fit's perfectly between the ground and the front bumper. I used the front shackles to hold it in place.

The donation can is an old ammo can I had sitting around. I cut a lid out of 1/2" ply.

Attachments

blue302stang

When and where. Those same folks are having a car show at Bahama mamas in garland. It's a club out at a marina at lake ray Hubbard of of 30. Do you know John Colwell out there. He probably dosnt have time for a car show.
I bought my m35a2 from Colwell, he's a good guy. If you get a MV show going on out there I'll definitely have to make it out.

Blueduce

Blue 302, Is Cowell the one that has that old gas station on the north bound acess road of I35E just south of Waxahachie. The place has at least 8 to 10 M35's a a couple M37"s and a host of other MV's.

Blueduce

Wow, He has a nice site and what looks like lots of goodies. I talked to him a few months back when I first got my Deuce. He didn't seem to receptive or willing to help. Nor did I get the feeling that he was to willing to sell any of his parts. Oh well.

I see that you live in the DFW area. I meet with a group of fellas down in Keller. Were just getting started and have a few shows coming up this month. We'll be at the air show in Mesquite, TX the 26-27 of May. If you don't already have a home we'd love to have ya.

blue302stang

I've seen the post about the Keller meet, but just haven't been able to make it yet. Unfortunately my deuce will be down for a little while doing some upgrades. Hoping to have it ready to go by the end of summer.

Blueduce

Would love to see some picks of your mods. If you ever need a soldier "B" just give me a buzz. I'm retired military so I'm home a lot and never pass up the opportunity to learn something new.

If your free come on out to the air show this weekend in Mesquite and meet the gang. Glenn

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks