• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC-51 Restoration or Bust!!

Tin Medic

That should be a live video feed so that we can actually witness actual work being done in that shop. I still think he only uses that shop for pictures.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now that shop looks like work actually gets done there, as opposed to a different shop that claims to have work done in it.
Yeah Tin Medic. I PM'd Stan and I believe he will be starting his own thread which you can follow. :p He does good work and very quickly.

Stan Leschert

The job is done, but I have a question for you.

When doing a complete power pack replacement, do you normally pull the clutch and brake pedals and linkages or just rely on gentle persuasion and patience?
The clearances in there are pretty slim and the transmission mounts make it more interesting.

I hope not to do this one again, but for the benefit of the next poor guy ... what would you recommend?

whiskey357

Banned
Howdy and with all the pics ...I guess the jig is up as he has 2 workshops...one doubles as a plc to eat ......So how many guys are in the back ground helping with this rebuild project....must good as this thing has bragged on for ever....must have a small budget..heheheh really iffn this is your won work WOW......I know you are not a Dr......nice job but does it run???????????

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Howdy and with all the pics ...I guess the jig is up as he has 2 workshops...one doubles as a plc to eat ......So how many guys are in the back ground helping with this rebuild project....must good as this thing has bragged on for ever....must have a small budget..heheheh really iffn this is your won work WOW......I know you are not a Dr......nice job but does it run???????????
If you knew the Tinwoodsman well none of those questions would be asked.
I can assure you that from the frame up every single nut, bolt, and part has been disassembled, checked, cleaned, primed and painted!

Does it take some time? Sure it does...and that time is taken away from wife, children, grand children, and a busy life in general. For the quality of work being done it has not "dragged on" at all and yes it is being done by ONE man in most cases!

The immaculate work shop is just a sign of a dedicated professional being proud of his work area and taking care of his equipment!:goodjob::beer:

whiskey357

Banned
looking good man ....might make it this summer never know....it does look good........but like they this is past my paygrade.....not enough time or money....just ask the wife hehehe

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had a chance to do some cargo bed assembly of the parts I have painted so far including the wood :lol: Still working of all fasteners and the rest of the wood. Will do more tomorrow.

Bed-1.jpgBed-2.jpg

Amazing how the light can affect the colors.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed the wood top sections on the WC this morning. Now to paint the 4 cargo box compartment lids and hardware. Also cut and painted the metal access plate for the fuel gauge sender. Off to Austin now for the weekend to celebrate Mother's day. I could not afford a cardboard cutout like brother Zout. :p

Cargo-Box-1.jpgCargo-Box-2.jpgCargo-Box-3.jpgFuel-Sender-Access-Plate.jpgDSC04227.jpg

zout

Relinquish all hope, yea who who wish for non-painted wood

Ya'll will see how a real wood floor is suppose to look when the flooring is done in the K - then you''ll all be scrapping just to make it look right again.
Awesome workmanship as always Kent.:not worthy:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks