• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC-51 Restoration or Bust!!

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hoped to get the first coat of OD on the bed wood today but 20 mph winds shelved that plan. Supposed to be 5-10 mph tomorrow. I did install the King Bee mirror arm and mirror and the Corcoran-Brown relectors on the bed corners. I also milled the wood lazyback support arms. More tomorrow.

King-Bee-Mirror.jpgCorcoran-Brown-Reflectors.jpgPrimed-Bed-Wood.jpgLazyback-Supports.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Hoped to get the first coat of OD on the bed wood today but 20 mph winds shelved that plan. Supposed to be 5-10 mph tomorrow. I did install the King Bee mirror arm and mirror and the Corcoran-Brown relectors on the bed corners. I also milled the wood lazyback support arms. More tomorrow.

It's an omen I tell ya!!! Maybe Zout has some of the clear sealer left and you can roll/brush it on in the wind??

You're coming down to the home stretch now Bro!!! Remember...she has to be ready to ride the grand kids in the Independence Day Parade.:grd:

:tigger:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter

You have angered the wood gods! I would be very careful you are now a marked man :(

Never paint wood

zout

TWM - you know if you mix enough reducer in the paint - then stand UP WIND and heave the bucket full of paint in the air with 10 mph winds the crappy chit will just cover itself - does not matter if the paint covered or not because you already dishonored the wood already - why not just wack away on it ???

www.floorrestore.com is YOUR friend.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Restoration

I saw the first photo of this project and the things you've done, starting with a rough truck, just amazing. Thanks for sharing it, learning a ton.

Before and after,

Rear-Corner-Patch.jpgCorcoran-Brown-Reflectors.jpg

Paint the wood!

M135 Rails 012.jpg

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finished the 4th coat of paint on the floor boards and primed and painted the Lazyback support arms. Hope to install the bed board and stips Sunday and then my friend with a hoist truck with help with the install on the chassis. :)

Final-Bed-Board-Paint.jpgPainted-Lazyback-Supports.jpg

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay the San Antonio Mustang Club has their big year end show at Bass Pro Shop on Oct 26. My wife is friends with the president and talked him in to adding a Military Vehicle category. I expect you to be there. I'll even give up the 1st place trophy just to see your truck :)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Finished the 4th coat of paint on the floor boards and primed and painted the Lazyback support arms. Hope to install the bed board and stips Sunday and then my friend with a hoist truck with help with the install on the chassis. :)

View attachment 496051View attachment 496052

It's amazing how light and angles of view can make colors look different. The floorboards look almost 24087, but I know they are not. Looking at the support arms hanging it looks like I see 5 different colors!!:shock:

At any rate, it looks like your usual outstanding work Bro!!

Wish I could be there to help set the bed on the chassis and see her all in one piece.[thumbzup]

Attachments

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Todays work included:

Installed the cargo bed wood and strips and got it all adjusted for installation on the chassis. Also fired up the engine to test all the gauges, lights, etc. Just realized I forgot to test the wiper motors. Fabricated a hold down assembly for the battery and drilled holes in the battery compartment for the battery cables. Also installed rubber grommets for the cables.

Talked to my man Zout about lifting the bed on the chassis. He suggested I try my engine hoist and I will try setting it up tonight. Here are a few pictures:

Cargo-Bed.jpgCargo-Bed-2.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks