• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC-51 Restoration or Bust!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
PB, glad to see you came over to the dark side. Good thing because I put primer/sealer on the passenger side panel today. In the interest of self preservation, I do not think I will post any pictures until the bed is finished. :cool:
I think we have all resolved ourselves to the fate of that poor pretty wood....bring on the pics Bro!!:jumpin:

zout

Not me - there is still hope he comes to his sense's and does not make a candy cutter WC just like everyone else has.

Ya all give up to easy. If TWM would do it - think of how many others would follow in his footsteps to do what is right.

That's worse than putting ketchup on French fries.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I've gotten over the wood thingy. Technically TWM is doing the right thing:deadhorse:

Now I wish TWM would get over his broken toe so he could get the bed back together and on the truck. I know that's gotta hurt though!aua

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks PB. The broken big toe was bad enough but then the doctor decided to cut off 3/4's of the nail so I have to wear sandals for a while. Hope to get back to the project tomorrow. :???:

o1951

Toe - been there, done that - more than once! I just laced her up real tight and kept going till the job was done. Almost had to cut the boot off to get out. Did you hear it bust? Did they give you the waterproof boot so you can take a shower?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Ummm...the statement I heard was that the broken toe had slowed him down a little...not that he couldn't work on it.

Geeze...give the Brother a break ya slave drivers!!!

Attachments

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had a break in the weather today so I got to apply the third coat of OD to the cargo bed box, front panel, tailgate and misc. bed parts. Also, the "Piece de Resistance" is the first wood side panel adorned in it's stylish coat of sealer/primer. :lol:

Cargo-Bed.jpgBed-Front-Panel.jpgTailgate.jpgBed-Parts.jpgPrimed-Side-Panel.jpg

Stan Leschert

Well, that was a story. Monty and I are working on a WC51 that was nicely restored. Unfortunately, the lower end of the engine let loose and the crankshaft was not salvageable. 3 engines became one, and we are about to put the beast back together. The TM was most helpful, and here is the link to the PDF. http://www.cgsc.edu/carl/wwIItms/TM9_808_1944.pdf

We are taking the splash guards out, leaving the transfer case in place, and dropping engine and trans in as a unit.

Are there any pre-lube suggestions? Which is the preferred sealant for the intake exhaust manifolds / gaskets? Torque specs and tightening sequences might also help, as I didn't see them in the TM.

Anything else that might make our project successful would help.

I would really like to have this unit broken in and parade ready very soon. (An event is happening, and this unit would be the icing on the cake). I will start another thread for the event, and if my TSN cameraman isn't on a paying gig ... I will get him to post some pics of the re-assembly, and on the new thread, our event.

We will Get 'Er Done, but if I can rely upon your experience (and knowledge of the things to avoid), we can make this happen right ... The First Time!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks