• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC-51 Restoration or Bust!!

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The WC51 is functionally completed and runs great. I have attached photos and will try to do a video of the engine running. The only things left are the hood stencils and the bows and canvas. Hopefully they will be done next week. Thanks to all who have followed this thread.

Passenger-Side.jpgDrivers-Side.jpgFront.jpgRear.jpgGrill.jpgCargo-Bed.jpgLazybacks.jpgCab.jpgDash.jpg

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Only the people who have gone that far with a vehicle can appreciate the difficult journey to get to the point that you're now enjoying.

It's a beautiful job.

Painting the wood was the correct decision.

Can't wait to ride in it in October!

:beer:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The WC51 is functionally completed and runs great. I have attached photos and will try to do a video of the engine running. The only things left are the hood stencils and the bows and canvas. Hopefully they will be done next week. Thanks to all who have followed this thread.

View attachment 500290View attachment 500291View attachment 500292View attachment 500293View attachment 500294View attachment 500295View attachment 500296View attachment 500297View attachment 500298
Now that's a museum quality + vehicle if there ever was one!!:not worthy:

zout

Can't figure out why you did not paint your shovel and axle handle WOOD :carnac:

Just like Clinto said all except for painting the wood chit - it is truly craftsmenship Bro - :not worthy: Just like PB said as well.

Too bad now your scared to take it anyplace when its not on a trailer and all covered up and in a controlled atmosphere surroundings :papabear:

And all of the above - you just knew I was going to say it anyhow.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 51 looks great. Hope it is a head turner at the parade. I also look forward to seeing it in October.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't figure out why you did not paint your shovel and axle handle WOOD :carnac:

That is a very good question. All the research I did showed the tools left natural and not painted. Go figure. Maybe it was because that is how the vendor provided them back then. Thanks for noticing. rofl

Tin Medic

Just so everyone is aware, I gave Kent a lead on another WC-51 and he is refusing to build it. :cookoo:

This could be done to a lesser standard (yea I know, he doesnt have a lesser standard but he could at least make a half hearted effort, maybe not paint any wood) and be a daily driver.

Just saying.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Just so everyone is aware, I gave Kent a lead on another WC-51 and he is refusing to build it. :cookoo:
This could be done to a lesser standard (yea I know, he doesnt have a lesser standard but he could at least make a half hearted effort, maybe not paint any wood) and be a daily driver. Just saying.
Hey, look at it this way, if there were no people like TWM with extremely high standards, how would we know who the people with lesser standards are??:shrugs:

Attachments

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finshed up the canvas bows for the WC today. Hope to install the canvas tomorrow but I am waiting on some strap brackets from Midwest Military. Supposed to be on the way. Also painted the hood numbers and the large star on the engine hood. Almost there and I want to thank all those who have supported my restoration. :D

WC51-Bows.jpgBox-Latches.jpgPassenger-Side.jpgWC-Hood-Number.jpg

Preacher Shawn

I want to thank all those who have supported my restoration. :D

As JAFO (just another FRIENDLY observer) I want to say thank you for sharing your top shelf build with us. Your truck is beautiful.
God Bless

rrrr

Kent,

Wish you were closer so we could go and convoy around in our WC's !

Well done my friend, congrats !

Ray

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks