• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

We need more Steel Soldiers rallies in 2007!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey gang,
I have been thinking about the Haspin Rally and how much fun it is. I think we need to put together more SS rallies so that more of the membership can get in on the fun.

Here's what I was thinking:

A New England Rally: somewhere arounf VT or Conn?

A Mid-Atlantic Rally: VA or NC

A Southeast Rally: GA or FL

A Mid-south Rally: MS, AL, or TN

A Upper Mid-west Rally: IN at Haspin

Great Lakes Rally: for all you Michiganders

Northwest Rally: OR or WA

Southwest Rally: CA, AZ, NM

Now, what we need is for a member, or several members from those areas to get together and pick a place and a date. We can make separate forum for each of the rallies in order to keep everything together.

Sound good so far? Let me hear from you!! :D

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think jdobyns volunteered a while back to have a rally at his place in Tidewater area, Virginia. He had mentioned to me that he had spoken to you about it, Chris.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
nickd said:
Can we get something in sount eastern Pennsylvania? Something close to De, NJ, Md maybe?
Sounds good Nick. Are you volunteering to take charge of it? If so, we'll need to get a couple of guys to help you. We'll need to pick a name for it, pick a place for it and pick a time for it. Figure out the basics and I'll create a new forum for it and we'll get the ball rolling!

Michigan Rally(s)

We've got several events in Michigan where SS members are very welcome, although because of the nature of the beast (insurance), some require membership in the Great Lakes MVPA or the Michigan Museum of Military Transport.

The GL MVPA has a ride at Fort Custer near Battle Creek in the Spring. In August there are the Thunder Over Michigan event and the GL MVPA show/swap meet at Clare. In September there's a great ride at Camp Grayling. There is also 67Beast's Dunes ride at Crystal Lake.

I guess, if someone with a few hundred acres wants to host a SS members rally in addition, we're game. Always looking for a chance to meet and greet and run the trucks.

No.2Diesel

Having regional meets is an excellent idea. If travel distance to a regional meet is kept to a maximum of 350-400 miles, and with sufficient notice, I'm sure attendence and participation would be high for each event. A short on road convoy (30Miles+/-) to the meet from a rally point would be fun too.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I will help for Ga

colyork

sounds like a good idea ,new england needs to have some of the fun.Maybe we could do something that includes a road trip to the Wright Museum in Wolfboro. They have WWII veihcles includes armor.They have events were they take them out for rides.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I said it b-4, the few of us out west should have a get together. Right now, life is a tad twisted up for me, but give it a few months. We gotta wait for Gary and big Mike to get their stuff up and running though!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Insurance is an issue Bigbee. That's why Haspin has worked out nicely. The Rallies would be better off on public land in some sort of park or in a privately owned OHV park with their own liability insurance. The thing that worries me about having an SS Rally on someone's private land, like Jdob, is what if someone gets hurt or killed. It's easy to say right now that we'd never sue one another if something happened to one of us, but it usually becomes something entirely different if it really happens.

For that reason, these rallies are more of an impromptu gathering of friends for the purpose of showing off one's military vehicle, not an official SS sponsored Rally. I don't have insurance for anything like that yet, but I am working on it.

Keep the conversation going here guys!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Is there a military railroad club we could partner with? I have done lots of rail car loading of armor and trucks and it would make getting to a rally a real breeze. Short of that the radius mentioned above is about my limit in regards to time and diesel fuel. Perhaps we can make the map a bit more servicable by linking local gathering locations and POC for them, like clicking on the site and all affiliated members would highlight, just thinking here. It does sound great because I know others and I really want to meet as many of the members as we can.

No.2Diesel

I wouldn't mind driving my M35A2 to Rousch Creek or Paragon Off-Road Park for a Northeast meet. They should have the required insurance. Hopefully we can fit our big stuff on the trails. Which one is better? Also, setting a date in stone 3-4 months in advance gets the fires going under peoples rears to fix what they have and resolve scheduling issues. A three day weekend would be great.

All Noreasters!! submit suggestions.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have been to Rousch Creek several time and there are trails we would fit on but many we would have to bypass they are a super suportive site and camping there is half the fun

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Out here, we got a BIG desert area. Start out at Wild Wash rd, head over to Hodge, out to the powerlines and out to Slash-X cafe, down 247 out to Lucerne and Johnson Valley. That wound be a good days drive! Maybe a little dusty!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Good feedback here fellas. I think the insurance thing is the biggest consideration. Also, making sure they are central enough to encompass a decent segment of the SS population in the area.

Using sites that have insurance will really help out. Places like Haspin, Rausch, Badlands, Superlift Park will have the needed insurance. They will require some sort of entrance fee, but it is usually nominal. Many have onsite camping which is very nice.

Please PM me or post up here if you want to spearhead any of these rallies. I will put you in charge and set up a forum for you. In your forum you will be able to recruit help, find interested attendees, pick a date, etc...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks