• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

We need more Steel Soldiers rallies in 2007!

NB1944

Kaiser -

You're right... it's not like CA. Altitude is another problem as some vehicles just don't like getting up high. In fact, another problem we had was to find trails suitable for all the MVs that attended our event. Jeeps are nimble, light and can go just about anywhere. The M35 guys will have a tough time keeping up! Also, not all of our driver's have the smae level of ability offroad. That's why I suggested the degree of difficulty be kept low so that all of our MVs can participate and no one feels left out.

I was hoping to find something within 50-75 miles of town or some of the guys with the big rigs in our group will complain it's too far or too unafordable (or both). I think it makes sense to shoot for something late June to early August to allow us to escape the heat. Let me know if you think of a spot.

Oldgrunt

Re: Steel Soldiers Rallys

I know this is probley out of the question, but could all of you guys emagine a rally that we could all show up to, maybe its something to think about, it would take alot of planning and may not be able to get done in the near futrue. It seems that everyone else has a national rally, why can't we? :twisted:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Re: Steel Soldiers Rallys

Haspin is the ORIGINAL rally put together by this site. I think since Chris and Mike are attending this year, we should make it the national.

Bozor1000

RE: Re: Steel Soldiers Rallys

I wouldn't mind having a rally out here in California. I'm new to this site and I think a good ole' desert run would be in order. I'm in Riverside, so going up to the desert is no problem for me. I live about an hour south of Lucerne Valley. Any feedback from any California members is greatly appreciated.

NB1944

In 1994, I attended the WWII Weekend at the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum. 1994 was their 3rd or 4rd year. It was a nice show, a few a/c, some re-enactors and their tents (small camp) and various displays in the hangar. Ten years later, the show had grown considerably. Check out some of their photos at www.maam.org and click the WWII Weekend section. Presently, the show has approx 20-30 a/c, 100 vehicles, 1600 re-enactors, a huge encampment, and notable celebrities and vets who sign autographs and other memorabilia in the hangar. The show draws more than 50,000 people over three days (when I was there it rained all day - almost all spectators remained in spite of the fact that the airshow portion have been cancelled). Friday night they have an awsome hangar dance.

Many of the guys I know (MV owners, re-enactors, historical types, etc) all want the same thing - we are all looking for a place to play where we can camp, have a good time, attract a large crowd, and be able to drive around some so that spectators can get to see us and appreciate what our MVs can do. The problem is this: as you go West, you have more real estate to work with. Unfortunately, as you head west you also increase the distance that needs to be traveled by any participant who wants to attend our event. With the cost of fuel these days, it is not going to be cheap to attend any event, regardless of where it is. There is no easy answer. It sure would be great to get some type of sponsorship to help the bigger rigs with the fuel bill! Anyone got any ideas or suggestions?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks to me like if you were to use some fancy weighted distribution math on the problem it probably shows that the center of the MV universe would be the Haspin Rally.

No, I'm not saying that because I live one state over..........well maybe.

steve

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
if you guys are going to start doing rallies, you may want to think of the insurance and other such legal implications. Sorry to be a wet blanket, but if someone gets hurt, lawyers will be swarming... Growth sucks, huh?

100dollarman

WillWagner said:
Out here, we got a BIG desert area. Start out at Wild Wash rd, head over to Hodge, out to the powerlines and out to Slash-X cafe, down 247 out to Lucerne and Johnson Valley. That wound be a good days drive! Maybe a little dusty!

Hey Will----
I am new with several m35s waiting EUC. But I live in Lucerne, and think Slash X would be a great spot! We could even cruise over to Barstow and look at the surplus through the fence!!! :)

Another good place would be Means dry lake out in Johnson Valley. We Jeep camp at both places all the time.

I wont have my trucks for awhile till they clear, but I would love to hookup with some other socal peeps for a run! Let me know if you have plans to come out this way-- I'll come out even if I dont have my trucks yet.

Thanks!
Mark.

PS- I dont know anybody here yet- but I think it would be great to get together out there with 4-6-10-? trucks!

100dollarman

Re: RE: Re: Steel Soldiers Rallys

Bozor1000 said:
I wouldn't mind having a rally out here in California. I'm new to this site and I think a good ole' desert run would be in order. I'm in Riverside, so going up to the desert is no problem for me. I live about an hour south of Lucerne Valley. Any feedback from any California members is greatly appreciated.

Hey I just saw your post- I'm new too! Like I told Will- if you come out this way- let me know! Or anyone from around here that wants to get out into the desert---

It wouldnt even have to be too official---- even a casual get together would be alot of fun! I cant wait to check out some rigs. And see them offroad.

Bozor1000

Re: RE: Re: Steel Soldiers Rallys

100dollarman said:
Bozor1000 said:
When I get mine, I let you know. I just waiting approval of EUC.

Hey I just saw your post- I'm new too! Like I told Will- if you come out this way- let me know! Or anyone from around here that wants to get out into the desert---

It wouldnt even have to be too official---- even a casual get together would be alot of fun! I cant wait to check out some rigs. And see them offroad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks