• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weare rally 2015

Katahdin

Back to work this week...Boo! I'd rather be in Weare.

I made it back to Greater Portland without any issues, its just under 2.5 hours of travel time in the M109 if you start with an empty bladder and don't make any stops.

I'd like to thank willy10 and Evil Dr. Pork Chop for selling me those great deuce parts and Acesneights1 for the trail ride in his 5 ton.

I hope that feller with the seized deuce air compressor pully got his belt on. I was able to fix my open-ended compressor wrench with my shop press so no worries there. The wrench may have opened up when a cheater pipe was applied.

I saw a M151 break down at the ice cream farm, and the M38A1 on the trail ride. I heard a second jeep or mutt also broke down on the ice cream run but did not see it.

Anywhoo, I'm already looking forward to next year! And here's a few more pics!

20150724_150945 (Medium).jpg20150724_170348 (Medium).jpg20150724_191542 (Medium).jpg20150724_213132 (Medium).jpg20150725_135735 (Medium).jpg20150725_141237 (Medium).jpg20150725_161458 (Medium).jpg20150725_162301 (Medium).jpg20150725_162319 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:

Kaiser67M715

I saw a M151 break down at the ice cream farm, and the M38A1 on the trail ride. I heard a second jeep or mutt also broke down on the ice cream run but did not see it.
yeah my dads CJ2A lost the condenser on the way back, we forgot to pack a spare, so got towed backed. Had all the tools though, go figure.

anyways, lots of fun as always, next year the deuce will definitely be ready, this year had gone by really fast

5ivepenny

Newbie here. Got my 1st MV last fall USAF '86 M35A2c. My 1st Weare rally. Was only able to go Friday after work in my PV. Had just rained so not great timing on my part. From the pics looks like I really missed out by not being able to return Saturday. But still had a good time checking out the rides and I am pretty sure "Gralmk" was the father/son that spent quite a bit of time walking around with me sharing some good knowledge and info, including the existence of this site. This is my 1st post and 1st online forum. Too much knowledge to absorb in one sitting so I will definitely be back. When time allows I will be searching this site thoroughly for tips on keeping my "deuce" road worthy as I have been putting it back to work regularly as my "weekend warrior" logging truck for firewood and other remote property maintenance chores. Thanks again "Gralmk" hope to see you next year when I am better prepared and showing off my own ride!!

Kaiser67M715

Newbie here. Got my 1st MV last fall USAF '86 M35A2c. My 1st Weare rally. Was only able to go Friday after work in my PV. Had just rained so not great timing on my part. From the pics looks like I really missed out by not being able to return Saturday. But still had a good time checking out the rides and I am pretty sure "Gralmk" was the father/son that spent quite a bit of time walking around with me sharing some good knowledge and info, including the existence of this site. This is my 1st post and 1st online forum. Too much knowledge to absorb in one sitting so I will definitely be back. When time allows I will be searching this site thoroughly for tips on keeping my "deuce" road worthy as I have been putting it back to work regularly as my "weekend warrior" logging truck for firewood and other remote property maintenance chores. Thanks again "Gralmk" hope to see you next year when I am better prepared and showing off my own ride!!
see your in Keene, I'm just south in Troy, holler out if you need any help, Don't know much, but a second helper with some knowledge is better then the helper who doesn't know squat!

acesneights1

Back to work this week...Boo! I'd rather be in Weare.

I made it back to Greater Portland without any issues, its just under 2.5 hours of travel time in the M109 if you start with an empty bladder and don't make any stops.

I'd like to thank willy10 and Evil Dr. Pork Chop for selling me those great deuce parts and Acesneights1 for the trail ride in his 5 ton.

I hope that feller with the seized deuce air compressor pully got his belt on. I was able to fix my open-ended compressor wrench with my shop press so no worries there. The wrench may have opened up when a cheater pipe was applied.

Anywhoo, I'm already looking forward to next year! And here's a few more pics!

View attachment 572774View attachment 572775View attachment 572776View attachment 572777View attachment 572778View attachment 572779View attachment 572780View attachment 572781View attachment 572782
Anytime. I went riding last year with my Quads there but had no means to bring them this year. I love NH so much I got all my trade licenses up there if and when something ever opens up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks