• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

weasel in the deep

sidsky

i have two for parts left over from a resto i did 10 years ago,1 rolling hull 1 good track and another complete no tracks 2000.00 if its any help.P.S. there one sitting at the bottom of lake minnetonka mn. i might have had somthing to do with,good luck.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome! Thank you!
There's also a THANK button at the bottom of each Posted Message so you don't have to add yet another Post to a thread in order to "thank" someone.

This site has SO MANY useful little tricks that we could offer continuing ed. credits for learning them.

Glad you're taking the time to find your way around. It all adds to the "Enjoyment Factor" here too.

John

Lift points

When going to rig the m29 for lifting you use the two provided sling points which are towards the edges of the vehicle on the bulkhead which runs behind the driver seat and engine compartment.

In the attached picture they are the round holes at the top corners of the bulkhead...

Combine that with a pick off the pintle hook and you have a solid lifting system.

Good luck with an interesting project

HTH

Matt

Attachments

Carlo

I got it from the former driver/owner,paid him 2 dollars and now i own a weasel safely at 32 meters deep.It was a clean working machine when breaking through the ice one winter 15 years ago.in a far away small lake....perhaps deep in mud
So now i ask you all for advice, where to tie the cables /chains prior to lifting it up...whats the estimated weight , anyone with experiences lifting in water ?we need lifting baloons ,boats ,diving equipment, air compressor etc etc,
it is far from dry land..

hmmmmm.....

and when ashore....how to take care of it before it rusts solid in one piece, soak it in diesel?

well i need a bit of planning
Hello from Italy. Did you get this out? I have seen parts for sale here in Italy for this if you need them.

sidsky

yeah my amatuer diver buddy's been lookin around for it i told him i'd give-em 500.00 to find nothin if he does'nt.....nuthin yet,we do alot of recovery;s bein in the towing bussiness,i would;nt think there's gonna be much at 15 years,we pull snowmobiles and cars sometimes in the spring from a winter loss,usaually nuthin worth doin anything with ,good luck,sidsky

Carlo

yeah my amatuer diver buddy's been lookin around for it i told him i'd give-em 500.00 to find nothin if he does'nt.....nuthin yet,we do alot of recovery;s bein in the towing bussiness,i would;nt think there's gonna be much at 15 years,we pull snowmobiles and cars sometimes in the spring from a winter loss,usaually nuthin worth doin anything with ,good luck,sidsky
We see these lake recoverys on the descovery channel here. WOW I could never think of driving out on ice but it seems the thing to do in those cold winters there. Do you have any photos?
Thanks

sidsky

yeah i'll look through my stuff,rarely do we have any extra help.....most would be spectators are scared to be around the area while we're working and its just me and one other guy no extra hands to film but i do have a little,i'll try to post....no promises.

Carlo

yeah i'll look through my stuff,rarely do we have any extra help.....most would be spectators are scared to be around the area while we're working and its just me and one other guy no extra hands to film but i do have a little,i'll try to post....no promises.
Thanks!

marlin_gunner

I personally would recommend using many straps, spaced along the length of the length of the machine from side to side. These should be run from some form of spreader bars so that you do not apply pressure to the side of the body.

I would clear as much mud from around the machine as possible, think of using a suction pump, set it up on the bank and dump the silt as far away as possible. If there is a current, do so downstream.

The single most important point is to watch your bottom time. At that depth it is easy to get into trouble very fast.

Remember, in a project such as this, slow and steady wins the race.

Desertrun

I have done a little heavy lifting with airbags. Not a great place to learn at that depth. Get some knowledgeable help. Don't want to die for a $2 weasel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks