• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wedding at the 2012 haspin rally?

indy4x4fab

Banned
I'll talk to the wife and see if its ok to get married on saturday and then have a small resepition on saturday with all of u then have a second one with our family on sunday after noon so that friends and family that can't make it on saturday to the wedding can still be apart of it.

Atomic

I take it, you will have a camo theme?

Just thought:

Get married back in the woods of Haspin. Use a truck to carry the groomsmen and another to carry the bride and bridesmaids to the site. Dress up the location and then you both hop in a truck and ride on out.

I would also say, let everyone know in advance that this would happen there. Call the place and see if they have had weddings there and if they have, see if they have an ideal location. This may have been done many times before.

Congradualtions!

No thank you Gimpyrobb, I already have my brides maid all picked out, and Nick's best friend Jeremy is going to be his best man, but I'm sure this goes with out mentioning that you all will conduce your selves with the best manner you can muster up. This is not going to be turned in to "My Big Red Neck Wedding". This is mine and Nicks day and our parents are going to be there to and they are already giving a lot of crap about us doing our wedding there instead of in a church.

indy4x4fab

Banned
This is mrs._indy4x4fab, my profiles not letting me post yet.

No thank you Gimpyrobb, I already have my brides maid all picked out, and Nick's best friend Jeremy is going to be his best man, but I'm sure this goes with out mentioning that you all will conduce your selves with the best manner you can muster up. This is not going to be turned in to "My Big Red Neck Wedding". This is mine and Nicks day and our parents are going to be there to and they are already giving a lot of crap about us doing our wedding there instead of in a church.

And yes me and Nick talked about it and we will have the wedding on Saturday probably ether first thing of later on in the after noon, not sure yet. When we go to the fall rally at Haspin the owners going to take us out Sunday morning an show us a couple places that would be good for having the wedding.

Atomic I really like you idea of the two trucks. Thanks for saying that.

Last edited:
ok everyone im trying to tell my family about the change of plans for the wedding,see my family really wanted me to do the wedding in the backyard of my mothers house and have the white dress and nick in the nice outfit.tons of poeple,a tent, and tons of food.the thing is i dont know how to tell them about the change of plans,im not sure how to tell both of my parents.anyone how any good ideas about how to let the cat out of the bag?thanks for the helpfat lady sings

augiedoggy

ok everyone im trying to tell my family about the change of plans for the wedding,see my family really wanted me to do the wedding in the backyard of my mothers house and have the white dress and nick in the nice outfit.tons of poeple,a tent, and tons of food.the thing is i dont know how to tell them about the change of plans,im not sure how to tell both of my parents.anyone how any good ideas about how to let the cat out of the bag?thanks for the helpfat lady sings
How about having two weddings?
One for family and one for Steel Soldiers.

That way everybody's happy 2cents

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's what we did. We got married on a business trip to Vegas and when we got back we had another ceremony for the family back here in Dayton.

Win-Win

Well, except for being married.............. :)

indy4x4fab

Banned
We are trying to just have one so we can go to the GA Rally for our honey moon, then after or before the rally we are going down to FL and spending a night on the beach. That's a lot of fuel to be burned.

augiedoggy

In my opinion, a marriage is between the both of you and your families.
In a way, you are marrying them too. So I feel the wedding is a celebration to be shared with family and friends. If you have a Haspin wedding you may be excluding some of them; unknowingly.
If you're having your honeymoon at Ga. rally, I'd think that'll be plenty of off-road fun!

Once again this is Only my opinion, please disregard if I've offended.

Best wishes to Mr. and Mrs indyfab !!! :beer:

Atomic

You and your bride to be jump in the car, go over there and tell them in person. Truthfully and in person. "Guys, we have thought about it and this is we are planning to do......................)

If it's what you both want then let them know about it sooner rather than later.

Just my 2cents

Preacherboy

The best policy is just to be straightforward. Tell your mom that this is what you want and, "If you really trully love me you will help me make it happen." I doubt anyone would have a problem with it, tell them it is an outdoor wedding and give them the location in invitations.

Some tips/ideas. In your invitations have your guests bring lawn chairs or you will have to source some folding chairs. And you certainly can have a reception whenever you want, whereever you want for family and friends...it is your day, so do it how you want!

Also, if you have it on Saturday I wouldn't miss Sunday and wouldn't necessarily have to take a week's vacation...so I like the Saturday idea!

indy4x4fab

Banned
Just wanted give you all an update on telling everyone about the wedding so far we have told my parents and and aubreys dad. My parents where alot more understanding then what I thought they would be, aubreys dads first words where, "ARE YOU KINDING ME?" Followed by laughter, followed by "only you two would come up with something like this." Still need to tell aubreys mom.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Update things are moving along well, my moms trying to find pink, white, and grey, bdu's for the wedding. Mother enlaw and Grand Mother enlaw are getting matching wood land bdu's for the wedding this should be fun to say the least. Date is set for Saturday June 16th at 10:00 am on the shoe tree hill with all the guest riding out in the back of deuces. The wedding party will be riding out in the m814 and me and the the best man will be riding out in my m818, to meet the bride after she's atop the shoe tree hill. Its easier for the groom and best man to walk up the steps to the bed of the 814 then it is for the girls to try to get up in to the bed wit dresses on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks