• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wehring - Continental AC70 chevron tires and locker

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
C7 trucks have data bus. You can access the Ctis controller via the trucks main diag port with a laptop, Dana software and a port interface.

dronsen

Justin-

Good to hear from you - and nice job! What size AC70's did you use? Any reason they wouldn't fit onto 20x10 steel wheel?

wehring

425/75R20

factory FMTV wheels are non-MPT bead wheels. These tires have an MPT bead. A friend runs a set on non-MPT MRAP wheels and says they work fine but I have not tried it to have an opinion.

Justin

dronsen

Huh-

I never heard of MPT wheels or tires before now...just did a bunch of Google-machining and understand better now, though still haven't seen a good photo comparison for a complete understanding. What were the 20x11 MPT wheels off of that fit an LMTV?

Thanks!

ramdough

Has fast gear conversion.

i can reprogram the CTIS. Can change over speed values and psi values. Can also trouble shoot and check codes. $125 hr
Is that only for C7 trucks? Can you read engine codes for earlier trucks as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I can read codes on 3126 A1 but it dosnt have the data bus like the C7 A1 trucks. First gen trucks are mechanical engine. There is an Allison diagnostic plug on all of the trucks but it takes specific Allison compatible diagnostic hardware to read. I spoke with a Dana engineer at one time he said he thought the 3126 A1 trucks had the ctis controller connected to the main engine data port and he thought ctis programming could be done on these trucks but I have not had a chance to try. I have everything to do it if it does work.

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I seen a set at a local tire store, they were asking $100 each. All the measurements are correct and I like how the CTIS is mounted. To make it work from what I can tell would require a cross hole drilled in the large wheel stud that supplies air to the CTIS an o ring behind the wheel on that stud a threaded plug on the end of that stud and maybe some thread sealant on the lug nut.
Have you figured it out?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks